Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2007, 10:26 AM

Default Re: *Official Friday Lunch Thread*

[ QUOTE ]

ALL i started out to do in this ridiculous thread, was help some poor fat dude lose f---ing weight.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey: Easy on the 'poor fat dude' stuff, tyvm! 'Plump', or maybe even 'chubby' is more like it. Yeah, 'plump' is the word. And 'pleasingly plump' at that.

Also: I know I used 'fat' in my initial reply but I was depressed. I feel better now [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 10-07-2007, 11:15 AM

Default Re: *Official Friday Lunch Thread*

[ QUOTE ]
ya know what- NO i'm not the dumb one here. In fact i've been educated repeatedly about this sh!t since i was 8 years old and got juvenile diabetes. Read ALLLLLL my other posts- i'm never a bitch. This is ONE thing i damn frekin sure as hell that i KNOW the f-ck about. it's personal to me b/c i rarely tell people i'm diabetic.

ALL i started out to do in this ridiculous thread, was help some poor fat dude lose f---ing weight.

[/ QUOTE ]

Aladare,

WHYYYYYYYYYYYY do have to write-----like a ten yr old????????? MayB-- you would come across as more AUTHORITATIVE! if you didnt f-cking type like a LIL kid!!!!!!!!!!

you stated that dieting alone cannot help everyone lose weight. it can. end of discussion. obviously, you're point was that for some people, caloric restriction alone won't get the job done or will result in minimal weight loss.

just keep in mind that no matter what topic is being discussed, there are going to be some people on these boards that have advanced degrees in the topic, focus daily on studying the ins and outs of it, etc. I'm sure people appreciate your personal experience and the knowledge it gives you, but it doesn't make you the leading expert.

By saying "I'm a woman!!!", etc. you come across as dumb. This would be like a doctor talking about cancer, and someone saying "I have cancer!!! Don't contradict me!!" Sure, when it comes to certain questions, the person with cancer is going to have anecdotal stories about what it is like, but they don't automatically get to trump all other views.