Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit

Old 09-25-2007, 02:44 AM

Default I donkify KK in ginormous pot

Canterbury Park 6/12

UTG and UTG+1 are typical loose passive. I don't know Villain from Adam, I've never seen him before and this is literally his first hand; he's posted in. My table image is laggy, but I don't think anyone is ever paying attention in this game.

Hero is on the button with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

UTG raises, UTG+1 calls two bets, MP (Villain) three bets, HERO four bets (CP cap 5 bets), UTG and UTG+1 call, Villain caps, Hero calls, all call

Flop (10.75 BB)

5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

two checks, Villain bets, Hero calls (ewwww!), UTG raises, UTG+1 calls, Villain three bets, Hero...

I'm an idiot. I can't post the rest of the hand without screwing up some of the commentary. I'm not sure what to do in this spot. It felt and looked like Aces; I feel like I'm just supposed to cowboy up and lose money here. Does anyone just call in this here? Is it ever ok to just call the original flop bet with that "I'm up against Aces and I want to minimize my losses" feeling?
Old 09-25-2007, 03:38 AM

Default Re: I donkify KK in ginormous pot

Raise flop infinity times. If the dealer says something about a cap tell him/her you want to go all in and pull your wallet out.
Old 09-25-2007, 03:43 AM

lol strictly, why do you even bother to make a post like that
Old 09-25-2007, 03:45 AM

to OP--there's a lot of action going on here, some from a pf 3 and then 5 bettor, and some from another guy who obviously likes the flop. getting to a showdown cheaply and even potentially folding given certain turn cards/villain's actions are both well within the realm of possibility.
Old 09-25-2007, 03:50 AM

I think fastplaying this on the flop is going to make this 100x easier than just calling in a multiway pot, especially with all the passives where they are. If you two bet that flop, you'll call a 3bet and just flatcall down.

I think folding on this board is worse than folding T7 in that other hand.

So basically. Raise the flop. I wouldn't 4bet now but just calling that flop bet is bad. The times you are ahead you risk getting drawn out on so much. Villain is also totally unknown. He also posted in MP so he isn't the nittiest of players.

Better?

Butter.
Old 09-25-2007, 03:54 AM

i didn't say don't raise the flop; i just was saying that your glib statement of 'open your wallet and get all in' is not really very useful [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] given the action.
Old 09-25-2007, 06:03 AM

Preflop is good of course.

I think just calling the flop with the intention of raising most turns was fine.

There is no way I'm folding. I'm ok with calling down. However, if you think raising the turn will protect your hand against the UTGs then I'm raising even if you think villian 3bets 100% of the time.
Old 09-25-2007, 07:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I feel like I'm just supposed to cowboy up and lose money here. Does anyone just call in this here? Is it ever ok to just call the original flop bet with that "I'm up against Aces and I want to minimize my losses" feeling?

[/ QUOTE ]

Your call on the flop was fine, but only because your plan should have been to raise the turn.

after WW3 breaks out on flop, or goal it to get to showdown cheaply.
Old 09-25-2007, 12:27 PM

I'm not necessarily calling to raise the turn. At the time, I felt I was behind and even if I was ahead there are tons of ugly cards that could spike the turn. I'm mostly waiting to see if an Ace, Queen, Jack, 4, 6, or spade hits. And even then if I get a good turn card I'm still planning on just calling down. Is that necessarily so bad or am I always leaving money on the table?
Old 09-25-2007, 12:30 PM

Doesn't a raise only make sense to protect my hand? If I know that it won't protect my hand, which I'm pretty confident about, and I still think I'm behind aren't I better off waiting to see the turn with no plan and re-evaluating then?

If I can't protect my hand then the raise would have to be for value, right?