Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2007, 01:21 AM

Default Re: Power of 10 Question

[ QUOTE ]
Quite a few Empires thought they would be around forever...

-ZEN

[/ QUOTE ]

Awesome website. Thanks for the link.
Old 09-06-2007, 01:34 AM

i read something that said basically that in all polls of the public, you have to factor in something like a 27% crazy mofo factor. like, if you ask the public what chance do you think there is that tomorrow a giant purple bunny will come and cause the beginning of the end times by ramming the empire state building up the pope's butt, 27% of them would be like "oh, yea, that's exactly what i think."

so the message is if you're on one of these game shows and think "omg how can everyone not agree with that?" it's because only like 73% of people can agree on anything because the other 27% are totally batpoop insane.
Old 09-06-2007, 01:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
OP,
I think you need to consider that some percentage of the people who responded were probably fundamentalist christians who believed that the apocalypse would occur within the next 100 years, this bringing about the non-existence of the U.S. as a side effect.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is one of the best explanations so far. I doubt it accounts for 26% of the US, but still a very good explanation of why it would be so low.

[/ QUOTE ]

When I was watching my friend and I discussed this and still I was thinking no way would it be under 80%.
Old 09-06-2007, 02:03 AM

The US as we know it right now will not be around in 100 years. You could even change that number to 50. Sure we would still be 50 states, with the same flag and whatnot, but things will be very different. Do some independent research on the North American Union and the Amero.
Old 09-06-2007, 02:43 AM

While Christian millennialists probably accounted for most of the 26%, it's not really that crazy to think that the U.S. won't be around in 100 years. The technological singularity will probably occur within 50. In 100, all nations could be gone, with everyone on earth existing solely as a computer simulation on a silicon chip somewhere. I realize that sounds even crazier than the rapture, but the rate of technological progress is so astounding that I think it's very foolish to expect life in 100 years to look anything at all like it does now.