Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2007, 12:26 PM

Default Re: dumb line from a dumb player

[ QUOTE ]
how do ppl feel about calling and then leading for like 3/4 pot on the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

i seldom break the tempo in nl. here he can definitely shove an 8, and in general tehre's lots of value in inducing bluffs by checking and calling in nl. leading out just sticks your neck out and lets you be pushed off a winner, and it minimizes your profit from him bluffing. that may not be huge here, but in other hand it will definitely cost you
Old 08-26-2007, 04:54 PM

Default Re: dumb line from a dumb player

I dont think this guy is gonna be bluffing very often. I supposed you could call his turn minraise, but Im not really comfortable calling a big river bet. Still, this type will prob bet 300 or so on the river, and I suppose we would be getting attractive odds to call that bet as well, but against someone this passive, I think his minraise on the turn means you are drawing dead a huge portion of the time.

The real issue is wether he is trying to slow the action down with a big ace, maybe with a heart. I dont see how he can have trips, unless he is bet calling some random Kh8x type hand, which I think is unlikely. If you ch the river, he will check an ace UI, and I guess bet some crazy trips hand he has, and he will def vb all the better hands, so I almost wanna c/f on the river if he fires again.

I think shoving over his raise on the turn is pretty spewy, and we should be trying to control the pot here.