Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar

View Poll Results: Which Parody is the shizznit
Queen 8 50.00%
Bowie 8 50.00%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-21-2007, 11:49 PM

Default I disagree with Bob Ciaffone. Who is right?

What happens in your card room when a player misses the small blind only and wants to post in late position? I would say that a posted small blind is always dead to the center, Bob says it is live up to the amount of the minimum bet. Here is the excerpt from Robert's Rules. There are a couple of other spots I disagree with Bob, but I was really suprised that he took this position.

[ QUOTE ]
A player who misses any or all blinds can resume play by either posting all the blinds missed or waiting for the big blind. If you choose to post the total amount of the blinds, an amount up to the size of the minimum opening bet is live. The remainder is taken by the dealer to the center of the pot and is not part of your bet. When it is your next turn to act, you have the option to raise.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-21-2007, 11:53 PM

Default Re: I disagree with Bob Ciaffone. Who is right?

At the hustler a missed blind requires a full post with the amount = to the small blind put in the middle. Option is allowed once action is back to player.
Old 08-21-2007, 11:53 PM

you
Old 08-21-2007, 11:57 PM

Missed small blind only is dead my room and everywhere else I've seen it.
Old 08-22-2007, 12:07 AM

Missed small blind is dead and that's the only scheme that makes sense to me. Otherwise you get to play your small blind from much better position without penalty.
Old 08-22-2007, 12:13 AM

It would have to be dead. Otherwise I would get dealt out every small blind and post behind. This is the reason for it being dead in every cardroom I've played in, isn't it?

I always thought that It would be more profitable to post behind everytime and never post if front of the button. I'm sure you would make everyone mad, and once everyone caught on there would be no more posting in front. amirite or no?
Old 08-22-2007, 12:13 AM

At red rock station the small blind is definitely live.
Even more perplexing: a few times I got up to go to the bathroom or take a call after posting the BB, but missing the small, and they let me post the SB - live- on the button. Which makes it so if you ever needed to get up for one hand only (the bathrooms are really close to the limit tables) you could abuse this rule. Other times though they kept the button where it was, made me post a SB just to the left of it, and had three blinds. So it depends on the dealer.
I hope I am explaining this correctly.....
Old 08-22-2007, 12:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Missed small blind is dead and that's the only scheme that makes sense to me. Otherwise you get to play your small blind from much better position without penalty.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am sure Bob knows this also, that is why I was so suprised to see he has it written that way.
Old 08-22-2007, 12:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
At red rock station the small blind is definitely live.
Even more perplexing: a few times I got up to go to the bathroom or take a call after posting the BB, but missing the small, and they let me post the SB - live- on the button. Which makes it so if you ever needed to get up for one hand only (the bathrooms are really close to the limit tables) you could abuse this rule. Other times though they kept the button where it was, made me post a SB just to the left of it, and had three blinds. So it depends on the dealer.
I hope I am explaining this correctly.....

[/ QUOTE ]

I have seen it live in rooms with small games where they don't bother to know how things "should" be.
Old 08-22-2007, 12:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]I was going to say exactly this, but then I thought about how you would be giving up your button.
I think it would still be a disadvantage to skip your SB and button and post SB in cutoff, then to play SB, button, cutoff normally. Am I wrong here? I guess it could depend on the game.