Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar

Old 08-13-2007, 11:34 PM

Default Re: A floor call I had never seen

[ QUOTE ]
If anyone's really that worried about it, give them sandman's number and he'll argue the opposite point

[/ QUOTE ]

This is my new strategy for dealing with Omaha/8 players. Do you think he will mind?
Old 08-14-2007, 12:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You do understand that if the button had raised the issue immediately it would have bene a misdeal,

[/ QUOTE ]

Not in a lot of rooms. He would just get the next card.

[/ QUOTE ]

In twenty years of playing (and a few years flooring) flop games I've never seen this declared a misdeal or even become a dispute no matter what the action. The button simply gets another card which is of course on top the deck (and the one he should have gotten).

~ Rick

[/ QUOTE ]

Rick,

I have never seen this exact situation come up, but I have no idea why you would not treat it exactly the same as if a middle position player was skipped and raised the issue immediately (but after its too late to just slide the cards back because you no longer no which card was which or a player looked ta his cards).

How many rooms have you played in where the middle position player gets the top card?his is generally a misdeal.

Now why would treat this situation any different, because its the button? Usuually the button gets the lats card so it makes no difference if you just give him the top card, but in this case the button wasn't supposed to get the last card, its just as if he was the cutoff ro in middle position or early position.
In how many rooms have you seen t

[/ QUOTE ]

It might be my browser but does anyone else notice that all sorts of letters are missing or misplaced in your post?

Anyway, like I said I don't feel strongly one way or the other. The main point in my original response is that all sorts of rules are geared to cater to the natural faulty logic of the casual gambler. This is OK when it is otherwise not unfair or overly costly in terms of time and game disruption; after all if the casual losing gambler wasn't catered to there wouldn't be as many good games [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

~ Rick
Old 08-14-2007, 12:07 AM

I type faster than my keyboard [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]