Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2007, 11:41 PM

Default Re: News Flash: Elaine gives Ed\'s new book 5 stars

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I just want to say that I think Elaine, Ed and there soon to be daughter Rainbow are all wonderful people. Also, I think not giving your child a last name is a bold and beautiful thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

shes not giving her child a last name ? lol ed miller should cut his testicles off ..bcause they're useless...

[/ QUOTE ]

The way Ed explained it was that both he and Elaine felt that it would be unfair for their child to be forced to have one of their names like some kind of slave, yet at the sametime, they didnt feel morally comfortable with creating a different last name for her, so they plan to name her rainbow, which they hope will inspire her to raise for the sky, and then when she is able to read and write they are going to allow her the freedom to choose her own last name. This seemed like a pretty decent thing to do, and I imagine her friends will be envious.

Actually, and I hope I am not over stepping any bounds, but Elaine and Ed initially didnt even feel comfortable giving their child a first name. Ed wanted to leave her nameless and Elaine suggested a symbol, but then Ed convinced her that a symbol is not much different than a name and silly. Also, legally you are required to give your child a word or a symbol by which the government can recognize the child on its birth certificate. Ed joked that they would just put down its Social Security Number but this brought Elaine to tears because her family is part Jew and some of them burned up in the Holocaust. So they eventually compromised on Rainbow for a girl, and Firefly for a boy.

Edit: Ed just Imed me and he wants to clarify that it is rainbow, not Rainbow.

[/ QUOTE ]

level?

[/ QUOTE ]

Has to be, right?

It's not the child who's the slave if it gets a surname; it's Ed who's a slave to his hippie wife's idiotic ideas. If Ed was married to a non-hippie woman he'd surely never have come up with this [censored]. Damn, the horrors men go through just to be married... Oh, and wish them luck in the pains they'll go through to deal with their child's horrible school years.

But it's a level anyway, gotta be.
Old 07-31-2007, 11:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

What I can’t figure out, is how can someone so bright and prolific, end up with such a ditz. The only logical explanation is that our main man Ed is into some “kinky” or “dominatrics” stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's newhizzle syndrome at work. It goes like this:

- Geeky guy reaches adulthood knowing only the pleasures of Ms. Fist.
- Geeky guy discovers poker and makes some money.
- Freaky woman sniffs money.
- Newly rich geek sniffs poontang.
- Geek and freak start to speak and hilarity ensues.

BTW, as a quick correction to Elaine's blog, it *isn't* illegal to have sex with animals in the state of Washington. Washington is one of seventeen states where it's completely legal to hump a horse in the USA.

I thought you might like to know that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty sure we made it illegal within months of the incident her blog refers to.
Old 08-02-2007, 03:42 AM

Spam includes 'unwanted' as well as 'unsolicited' material.

In the future given her proximity to Ed one would hope she could give valid insider gems from observing her husband writing, learning, and growing while working on the manuscript. That would have been so welcome, it's a pity she chose the opposite type of post.

P.S. I only read the first two pages of this thread.
Old 08-02-2007, 04:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Pretty sure we made it illegal within months of the incident her blog refers to.

[/ QUOTE ]

Closing the stable door after the horse has shot his bolt, so to speak.
Old 08-02-2007, 01:59 PM

LOL @ Ed's "wife"

She reminds me of Peggy Hill (from King of the Hill), completely worthless and does everything she can to make herself feel important.

Ed Miller: Great at poker, a donkey in marriage.
Old 08-02-2007, 08:38 PM

Okay, don't have much to say on this woman except that she's crazy, but I was watching tv and happened to notice that she resembles someone semi-famous.

Elaine

=

Alexis Arquette
Old 08-03-2007, 11:55 AM

If Ed's happy, I'm happy. If he's unhappy, then I don't care. It's none of my business.

Why is it when somebody tames a battle axe like Ed did everybody tosses him under the bus? Sure she's out there. That's probablly why Ed married her - he didn't want the status quo. And she's got moxie, even if it seems she is bat [censored] crazy from the outside.

It's not my problem, I don't care. Next topic.