Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes

Old 01-05-2007, 07:52 PM

Default Re: Help my horse (and me)

I've played a ton of at 1/2 at both stars and ft and assuming party isn't an option(im like 99% sure your us from following your old high stakes posts) ft is definitely softer imo. Ft also gets you a decent rb%(stars has none) and one of the best sign up bonuses on the net. Also if he's rly serious he can use 6th sense at ft to help w/ game selection which in the long run is a massive boost to wr as im sure your aware.

I haven't played much 100nl at either but i'd assume .5/1 and 1/2 correlates pretty well.

Paul
Old 01-05-2007, 08:01 PM

2 more things.

1) Regardless of whether he was to go w/ poker office or pt or whatever if he's going to get one of those things sixth sense is the thing that he can use at ft in particular that is just invaluable when it comes to game selection(coming from an 8tabler that used to just jump in to the 1st 8 tables going).

2) If u rly wanna start him off on fr stars is better. Definitely the biggest fr site around atm. I think you'd be better served getting him straight in to 6max though because the way things are going fr game selection at 2/4+ is going to be non-existant in the not so distant future.

I guess a 3rd thing to. One other option is to spread money on both sites. Take advantage of ft's sign up bonus and rb and learn 6max there. Learn fr on stars and take advantage of the fpps and obv if you are at both sites you have the max game selction possible.

Paul
Old 01-05-2007, 08:04 PM

Default Re: Need help

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Having PT and not having an overlay program is like marrying Ms. America and only touching the top half of her.

[/ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Some guys are like that with the top half. I - like you I guess - am a bottom half man myself. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 01-05-2007, 08:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]

(For those of you who are curious, I gave up online poker last spring. ... yes, I won a lot and still could easily.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Dear Matt,

Please be sure to pass on to your horse that he is indeed a lucky horse (maybe cos he wears 4 horseshoes - having a piece of lucky nailed to each foot can't be bad.) Getting coached by someone Mason considers qualified enough to write an SSNL book must do good things to your EV.

If you don't need your poker brain anymore - can I borrow it for about 2k hands a day? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Full Tilt by a country mile, when you are playing games where the rake counts for a lot Rakeback is huge.

Stars has a bigger playerbase - and going by the law of averages, softer players but I don't think they are soft enough to offset FT's RB & bonuses, tho if you could play at Party...

PA HUD is way better than GT+ (you get what you pay for)

2/4 is midstakes not small stakes - tho once you hit this limit Rakeback starts to matter less.

PS how DO you play AK?? - I swear I'd have a better winrate if I open folded it everytime - something must be wrong there.
Old 01-05-2007, 09:09 PM

Default Re: Need help

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Having PT and not having an overlay program is like marrying Ms. America and only touching the top half of her.

[/ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

doode, do u guys even kno ms. america, she'll be the one doign all the touching.
Old 01-05-2007, 09:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
PS how DO you play AK?? - I swear I'd have a better winrate if I open folded it everytime - something must be wrong there

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm glad you had the nerve to ask that, because I struggle with it as well. If I ever figure it out, I'll write a poohbah post on it. Ironically enough, I'm good with JJ and 76s. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 01-05-2007, 10:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
PS how DO you play AK?? - I swear I'd have a better winrate if I open folded it everytime - something must be wrong there

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm glad you had the nerve to ask that, because I struggle with it as well. If I ever figure it out, I'll write a poohbah post on it. Ironically enough, I'm good with JJ and 76s. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

How to play AK: Raise pf, flop and ace, value bet flop, value bet turn, and fold to the check raise on river when villian hits his kicker for two pr.
Old 01-05-2007, 10:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Matt,
if your buddy is playing full ring, he is likely to run into 3-4 set miners/ nut peddlars at every table from 50NL to 200NL. Most of them are easy to play against, ie not tricky at all postflop. PokerAce HUD is definitely worth it IMO with pokertracker as well. Reviewing sessions in pokertracker is just so sweet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very good. We'll get PokerAce, and I'll run several dozen hands with him off his pokertracker history.
Old 01-05-2007, 10:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, is this really the 100000000th "FT or Stars???!" post. Op should know better

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry man. Once you get old enough around here they let you slide a bit, but I understand it's an imposition. I'll make it up to you in strat posts.

Matt
Old 01-05-2007, 10:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Matt,
if your buddy is playing full ring, .....

[/ QUOTE ]

friends don't let friends play full ring. ;-)

but you do make it sound intensely profitable.