Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2006, 02:56 PM

Default Re: Forum Project Step 1 - Niche Pickin\'

Someone has to coordinate the web hosting as far as who signs up for who. If no one else will volunteer I could do it. I could make a post in the forum and list the person and their host and then just edit it to add new people. Then once we get 3 or 4 people on one host, you should find a different host. Whichever 3 or 4 are on the same host should avoid linking to each other, link to people on other hosts. Is this a good idea?

Pancho
Old 11-02-2006, 03:03 PM

Can Joomla or Drupal set up/manage user log-in's on our website?
Old 11-02-2006, 03:13 PM

i already have a free hosting package from 1an1 from a while ago so i'm just going to register a domain and stick it on there.
Old 11-02-2006, 03:14 PM

I just stumbled upon these threads, and I'd like to sign up. I sent Max an e-mail, but it sounds like he's tied up with his own non-internet life.

My niche (if Max let's me sign-up for this project) would be money management for recent college grads. I'm still going to look further, but it looks like the best available site name is www.moneyaftercollege.com

I'm a complete noob to all this but look forward to learning and helping others succeed. I chose this niche because it's something that i could easily write articles about, and although a lot of the big money management websites have sections geared towards young people, I think there's actually a chance for me to fit in because it looks like there aren't too many dedicated sites to the topic. The main dedicated site for recent grads is www.youngmoney.com.

Feedback is always welcome...
Old 11-02-2006, 04:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Can Joomla or Drupal set up/manage user log-in's on our website?

[/ QUOTE ]

I know you can with Joomla.. I've never used Drupal
Old 11-02-2006, 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
7. Best deals available in town/city xyz for product/service abc

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what I plan on doing. Specifically for Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN. If others are interested in doing this for other areas let me know if they would like to work together to come up with a default page or exchange ideas specific to this.
Old 11-02-2006, 07:20 PM

rwesty, I like your niche.
All, Thanks for being patient with me. I did receive a bajillion emails (awesome), and I am trying to move this weekend from Portland to Tempe, so I have a ton of crap to take care of.

Like Uncle Salty said, the next step is to register domains and find hosting. You won't need me for that. I still need to go through and check out everyone's niche and look for duplicates. I'll try to get that done tomorrow.

Several people keep asking, I am still accepting signups. Just send me an email with your niche. mxt196@yahoo.com
Old 11-03-2006, 02:43 AM

Don't forget to post your webhost in my thread once you signup. Check there first to make sure your selected host doesn't already have too many people there.

Pancho