Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2006, 11:31 AM

Default Re: A Subject that hasnt been discussed.

fsu, I think all the conventional rules are null and void when talking about playing heads up. It becomes all about thinking a number of layers deep - and staying ahead of your opponent.

as to the specifics of this hand, I think that if H@ll was willing to call all-in with his hand, he should have check-raised all-in on the flop. there is almost no chance that Notthistime would not have bet when checked to on that flop.

that being said, it is hard to discuss the play of a heads up match between two very talented players. H@ll might even have been trying to induce an all-in bluff if he was that confident that his nines were the best hand.
Old 10-20-2006, 11:35 AM

looks like the best part about this bet is the leverage you gain...vs most opponents, if you lead flop like that, the other guy will make decision for his stack. which seems like a good reward/ratio situation.

Best part of this lead is that it lets you trap your opponent, allowing them to put in the final bet instead of your opponents giving up after c-betting.

ie) In same hand, assume hall had AA/ bld missed his flop. since any action like c-c pretty much gives away hall is likey committed, it is unlikely bld will continue firing. by making a lead like this, it gives bld to put in the final bet as he did.

of course, once you show that you are willing to lead-call a raise, you can start throwing in some bluffs and other guy will have harder time taking the standard -3bet/cbet routine.

paging mdama lol
Old 10-20-2006, 12:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

as to the specifics of this hand, I think that if H@ll was willing to call all-in with his hand, he should have check-raised all-in on the flop. there is almost no chance that Notthistime would not have bet when checked to on that flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

not trying to be results oriented, but we can use the results as one example of why this might not necessarily be true, no?

i like it a lot if you're confident you have the best hand and you think there's a good chance your opponent will make a play at the pot, which seems to be what happened here.
Old 10-20-2006, 12:24 PM

notthistime is bld? was a nice match i watched for like almost an hour, they were 4 tabling headsup. hall jumped early lead then notthistime really cameback and killed him.

very aggressive match
Old 10-20-2006, 12:27 PM

does Holl really fold much of anything to a push here HU given how aggro Bld is? ive never played him obv, just from what Ive read over time, doesnt seem like hes folding much in a situation like this once he leads (if hes leading with something and not air).
Old 10-20-2006, 12:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

not trying to be results oriented, but we can use the results as one example of why this might not necessarily be true, no?

i like it a lot if you're confident you have the best hand and you think there's a good chance your opponent will make a play at the pot, which seems to be what happened here.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree, samoleus is way off here
Old 10-20-2006, 12:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
durrr,

Mine is 10" long.

[/ QUOTE ]
Lame.
Old 10-20-2006, 01:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
H@ll might even have been trying to induce an all-in bluff if he was that confident that his nines were the best hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the correct answer, except last part, he was obviously in no way certain he had the best hand, but he felt this lead would bring on a bluffpush enough to make it the most profitable line in this situation this time.
Old 10-20-2006, 06:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
H@ll might even have been trying to induce an all-in bluff if he was that confident that his nines were the best hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the correct answer, except last part, he was obviously in no way certain he had the best hand, but he felt this lead would bring on a bluffpush enough to make it the most profitable line in this situation this time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly.
Old 10-20-2006, 06:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
im me next time yer online n not playin...

[/ QUOTE ]

durrrrrrrr,

Just don't share your PLO "secrets" with him too, as fsu is looking to grow his roll and not shrink it.

[/ QUOTE ]

bluffthis!- why did god make you such an idiot? ask him that next time you pray n let me know plz.