Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2006, 09:29 AM

Default Re: aba on HSP....

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He made 550K.

[/ QUOTE ]

bs or real?

[/ QUOTE ]

bs, at the tables I played at no one won more than 150K and no one lost more than 150K (150K is about 1.5 buy ins adjusting for the ante). I have a feeling that similar numbers occured at other tables. Also I only played ~300 hands in the 12 hours I was on.

[/ QUOTE ]

were you pissed that they stuck all the really [censored] players on the other day?

[/ QUOTE ]

No I was very happy. I really enjoy playing against good players once in a while. For those who don't knwo my first day table was ivey, benyamine, patrick antonous, D'agastino, negreanu, brad booth, esfandiari. There were some amazing hands played at that table and I can't wait to watch teh show and find out what everyone hand.
Old 10-14-2006, 09:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't wait to watch teh show.

[/ QUOTE ]
That makes two of us.
Old 10-14-2006, 09:40 AM

aba, can we have a trip report? obviously not disclosing anything pokerwise, but I'd love to know whats up and what you thought of everyone you played.
Old 10-14-2006, 09:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
aba, can we have a trip report? obviously not disclosing anything pokerwise, but I'd love to know whats up and what you thought of everyone you played.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just ask some questions and I will do my best to answer them I don't want to write anything formal up tho. As to what I thought of how everyone played, I agree 100% with john dagastino's comments in the fulltilt chat, but I would never publically write such harsh things.
Old 10-14-2006, 09:49 AM

brian,

what was it like playing with these guys in front of cameras? did you get respect above the "hes an online player" sense? which guys that u met (if u hadnt already met them all) came off as cool ppl? did anyone give you hell?
Old 10-14-2006, 09:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just ask some questions and I will do my best to answer them I don't want to write anything formal up tho. As to what I thought of how everyone played, I agree 100% with john dagastino's comments in the fulltilt chat, but I would never publically write such harsh things.

[/ QUOTE ]

Someone got a copy/paste of this chat?
Old 10-14-2006, 09:51 AM

You should work on your table selection.
Seriously.
Old 10-14-2006, 09:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You should work on your table selection.
Seriously.

[/ QUOTE ]

you should work to keep yuor [censored] posts down to 1 a day, seriously
Old 10-14-2006, 09:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Someone got a copy/paste of this chat?

[/ QUOTE ]

look in NVG
Old 10-14-2006, 10:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
brian,

what was it like playing with these guys in front of cameras? did you get respect above the "hes an online player" sense? which guys that u met (if u hadnt already met them all) came off as cool ppl? did anyone give you hell?

[/ QUOTE ]

I had played with alot of them during the series. Everyone there is a smart person and they understand that if someone has worked his way up limits to 300/600 with 100 ante that thy are going to be very good at the game. So I was getting tons of respect (I think I was reraised preflop once and there is a hand between daniel and me where he doesn't raise the turn with the third nuts against me fearing I have him overset). I was defentily jabbed about being an online player adn was called "internet wizard", along with other names. Everyone was really nice except for sammy who was just annoying (I had played with him during the world series and we didn't get along then). Barry greenstien, jennifer harmon, eli elezra, phil laak, antoinio esfandiari, john dagastino, mike matasow were the people I enjoyed being around most.