Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2006, 05:43 PM

Default NFL Survival week 6

I think the obvious pick here is Denver (OAK @ DEN) with Dallas (HOU @ DAL), Chicago (CHI @ ARI) and Cincinnati (CIN @ TAM) also viable picks. The latter two are on the road however. I will most likely be picking Denver. Opinions?
Old 10-09-2006, 05:44 PM

Default Re: NFL Survival week 6

Can't go wrong the Denver.
Old 10-09-2006, 05:55 PM

Denver won't get an easier home opponent this season. Texans too much of an upset threat with their indy road effort, T.O.'s ego bruised plus the in-state rivalry.
Old 10-09-2006, 06:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Denver won't get an easier home opponent this season. Texans too much of an upset threat with their indy road effort, T.O.'s ego bruised plus the in-state rivalry.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have Denver right now, but looking over week 7, there isn't really many good picks.

Would going with Dallas this week, and using Denver next week at Cleveland be a good idea?
Old 10-09-2006, 06:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Would going with Dallas this week, and using Denver next week at Cleveland be a good idea?

[/ QUOTE ]
it's tough to look even one week ahead in survivor format, since current games at hand carry so much weight. if the texans upset dallas then any future analysis obviously becomes moot. the key is to make it to the next week first, worry about who to pick second.

saving the broncos for next week means you're laying them on the road (which in of itself is a reason not to play them) against a team with decent defense who lost very close games to division leaders both times at home.

you're right that week 7 pickings are much thinner than usual, but I would think the Eagles and Falcons would be better than Dallas.
Old 10-10-2006, 12:30 PM

Hmm, I'm very much undecided this week. I can't find it in me to trust Denver (or Plummer). They're favored by 15 but they haven't scored more than 17 points all season and now they're playing a divisional opponent on a short week. Admittedly, Oakland looks bad enough to make a run at 0-16.

Somehow I feel safer with Dallas. They already lambasted Tennessee on the road so they've proven that they can take care of the garbage, and now they'll be determined to bounce back and put a drubbing on poor Houston in Dallas.

That's basically what I'm feeling now, but I haven't made my mind up. I think saving Denver would maybe be more worthwhile in the near future, if we're to take that into account.
Old 10-10-2006, 01:12 PM

Dallas has home games left vs. Tampa and I think another mediocre team left. Oakland is bad but if possible I'd like to stay away from a rivalry game when it involves coming off a short week. I will likely play Washington vs. Tennessee.