Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2006, 11:49 AM

Default Re: Can anyone lay down this straight?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Eh, I dont think you can get away from that without a really strong read. Unless youre a world class pro, youre pushing allin here figuring youre racing a set or 2 pair.

Actually once I did fold once when i flopped a straight. I had T8 in an unraised pot, the flop came QJ9 with two diamonds. SB bet 50 and the guy to my right made it 150. I had a silly read on the guy, whenever he had a good hand he couldnt keep his legs from showing. His legs were like jack hammers. I figured the dude that bet out prolly had a flush...for really no reason. And I figured that the guy to my right had a set...again for no reason. I had half the table behind me, and I looked at the original $35 in the pot and was reminded of Doyle saying "dont go broke in a nothing pot."

My reasoning was that if they had a flush and a set, than I was just even money to win anyway (actually i was wrong, id have 40% EV.)

Well anyway, I folded, everyone else folded, including the SB, and the dude to my right showed a QJ.

I tell people to punch me in the balls when I tell them that story.

You made the right play, at the wrong time. Thats Poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL DONT GO BROKE IN A NOTHING POT WITH THE NUTS

[/ QUOTE ]

obv theres situations where you can fold the nuts (2x overbet push onto a AKQT two flush draw board where you have QJo for example) but THIS IS NOT ONE OF THEM LMAO
Old 09-25-2006, 12:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Eh, I dont think you can get away from that without a really strong read. Unless youre a world class pro, youre pushing allin here figuring youre racing a set or 2 pair.

Actually once I did fold once when i flopped a straight. I had T8 in an unraised pot, the flop came QJ9 with two diamonds. SB bet 50 and the guy to my right made it 150. I had a silly read on the guy, whenever he had a good hand he couldnt keep his legs from showing. His legs were like jack hammers. I figured the dude that bet out prolly had a flush...for really no reason. And I figured that the guy to my right had a set...again for no reason. I had half the table behind me, and I looked at the original $35 in the pot and was reminded of Doyle saying "dont go broke in a nothing pot."

My reasoning was that if they had a flush and a set, than I was just even money to win anyway (actually i was wrong, id have 40% EV.)

Well anyway, I folded, everyone else folded, including the SB, and the dude to my right showed a QJ.

[/ QUOTE ]

you only have 7 posts? plz post more, your insight is incredible
Old 09-25-2006, 12:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL DONT GO BROKE IN A NOTHING POT WITH THE NUTS

[/ QUOTE ]

edit: im an idiot, second nuts, but its still ridiculous to fold htis
Old 09-25-2006, 04:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
For the record, I didn't fold. I put him all in and he called and showed the nuts. I was just wondering.

[/ QUOTE ]
Obv. You should buy my coaching.

[/ QUOTE ]
"Even Jackie Mitchell had a coach."

[/ QUOTE ]
Nice
Old 09-26-2006, 10:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
There's only one way that all the money doesn't go in here: You push and he folds his stone bluff. That's why I call. What's wrong with that? What's right with pushing? Educate me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good post. I never considered just calling.