Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2006, 03:32 PM

Default Re: Help me pick an NBA team

Does it even matter? You'll just stop rooting for your new adopted team when they have a losing season. Just pick whatever trendy team strikes your fancy (Phoenix obv.)
Old 09-23-2006, 06:57 PM

Got to love the assumptions people have jumped to in this thread. I don't consider it giving up on a team just because they had 3 cool guys when I was 12 and I don't root for them anymore. Haven't really watched to NBA since Jordan retired (from the Bulls) but I enjoyed the playoffs last year and am going to try and watch more.

To those that gave actual suggestions I say thanks. I have narrowed the choices to the Wizards and Magic. I like the idea of the up and coming team.

I think I have narrowed it down to the
Old 09-23-2006, 08:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Why on earth would anyone be a fan of a certain team?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hometown variance, man.
Old 09-24-2006, 01:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hometown variance, man.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's part of the point. They move.
Old 09-24-2006, 02:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A bit about me-

I was a fan of Golden State in the Run TMC days

Live in Virginia, so the Wizards might be a choice, I love Arenas

Other players I like, in no particular order- Shaq, Lebron, Wade, Kirilenko, Brand, Duncan, Garnett, Yao, AI, Ray Allen, Dwight Howard, Chris Bosh

Love the ACC, hate Maryland

Help me decide what team to root for, convince me your team is the team, Wizards are the early leaders, I guarantee a visit to a game played ny the team I root for an an undying live for them

[/ QUOTE ]

Based on the bolded above, the Clippers might work for you. They run a nice team offense (in the sense that there are distributed touches), which I think is enjoyable to watch, play hard D (with the exception of Cassell) don't whine alot (with the exception of Cassell) and Sam Cassell is on the team (and he is awesome).

Actually, forget it. I don't want you rooting for my team cause we have enough bandwagoners now.

-Al
Old 09-24-2006, 07:37 PM

Yeah. I suppose so. Then again I live in a major city with 3 major league teams, a huge population base, and major market stability and aspirations of getting a NFL team. Toronto, evidently. But even cities like LA and NY do have that instability. Ceded.
Old 09-24-2006, 10:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't want you to root for my team...you cant just pick a team! if you rooted for gs in the early days you shouldnt stop.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-24-2006, 11:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't want you to root for my team...you cant just pick a team! if you rooted for gs in the early days you shouldnt stop.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thought I explained why this doesn't really fit. Cliff Notes- That was 15 years ago and haven't closely followed the NBA since
Old 09-25-2006, 03:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Does it even matter? You'll just stop rooting for your new adopted team when they have a losing season. Just pick whatever trendy team strikes your fancy (Phoenix obv.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Their style is a ton of fun to watch, but they're also a bunch of bitches and get on my nerves. But the main problem with phoenix is when bill walton covers one of their games. I keep worrying splooge is going to pour out of my TV set. Man I hate Walton.

I think that now Dirk is somewhat shedding his European pansy boy weakness, the Mavs are a ton of fun to watch. I'd say them.
Old 09-25-2006, 04:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hometown variance, man.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's mainly it. But it's also more fun that way. If everyone just rooted for whoever kicked the most ass, it just wouldn't be very interesting.

For me, there's always my main teams, then some other teams I enjoy watching but that I wouldn't pledge much allegiance to. I'm a Boston sports fan, through and through (semi-hijack.. seriously GKA, change your avatar. He SUCKS), and I'd root for them over anybody. But there's always some other teams I enjoy to watch. With baseball, I've enjoyed the privilege of getting A's games on TV. In the NBA, I've really enjoyed watching the Pistons play. But if they're facing the Celtics, I root for the green, only to watch Doc not cover the inbounds pass.