Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2006, 04:23 PM

Default Re: Weightloss Challenge? Any interest?

I think you still have some room for improvement

Chicago
Old 09-12-2006, 04:57 PM

How about this:

We start tomorrow, and it runs at least untill December 31, 2006. That will be the final weigh in, and at that point we can deside if we go farther.

Post the following statistics:
"Age / Gender / Current Weight / Target Weight
What you plan to do to lose weight:"

Every Thursday we post our weight, and a brief recap of issues from the week. I pick Thursday because most of us will mess up on the weekend with drinking and eating and football. If we weigh in on Monday people will loose focus and dedication over a couple stupid mistakes. Issues could be good, they mostly will be bad (I ate a pizza on Saturday night when high) and what you did to overcome those issues (put in extra long workouts the rest of the week).

I firmly believe that everyone that could stand to lose weight has a vice that aids to that weight. I like food and I drink too much. I recognize that and I try to moderate it. If I tried to cut out drinking I would go crazy, so I make sacrifices in other places. We can't cut out everything we like.

I don't care if you post pictures or have people verify your weight becasue overall we are doing this all for our own betterment. Be honest to yourself. But if we must determine a winner, we will measure it by the ratio of Ending Weight / Begining Weight.

26 / Male / 252 / 220
Excercise: I plan on starting to lift weights again, continue to walk the course when I golf, and when the weather gets too bad to golf, ride a stationary bike.
Deit: Continue to aim for under 2000 calories a day. Do a better job at enforcing this. I will eat buffalo wings on Wednesday, and a burger and fries on Thursday. Those are my rewards for a good rest of the week. Limit drinking to once or twice a week.
Old 09-12-2006, 05:08 PM

Not gambling on this or anything like that, but this at least seems like another good place to post to keep myself motivated.

27 / Male / 174 / 150
Note, I was at 195 in mid-June, have been working out and eating better since then. I'm only 5'5", so that was a lot of weight for me, even though I'm lucky/unlucky enough to have a stocky build and be able to hide it well.

Exercise: Continue jogging on my treadmill ~4 times per week for ~3 miles each time. Occasionally jog with my girlfriend in park for a few miles. Occasional (~2 times per week) light lifting, situps, pushups, etc. Flag football practice/games each week.
Diet: Continue eating well as I have been, continue minimizing any sort of soda consumption to 1 or 2 glasses of diet soda per day. Reward myself on Thursday night when I'm out at the bar with my friends by eating crappily and drinking beers.
Old 09-12-2006, 05:19 PM

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?k...Tw8mpojKFuGFLw

I'll keep a running tally of everyone's progress here.
Old 09-12-2006, 05:20 PM

Ok I'm in.

30 / Male / 330 / 300

Going to start walking at night and lifting 3 times a week.

No more soda. No more fast food. More water and veggies / fruits.

Long term goal is to get down to 200.
Old 09-12-2006, 07:53 PM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 09-12-2006, 07:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think we should get that guy who found the bag of coke to sponsor us with three lines a day each.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. Let's get on this. I'd like to start ASAP.

Chicago
Old 09-12-2006, 08:05 PM

25 / Male / 296 / 220

I'm 6 foot 1 and have a lean body mass of 200 pounds, I'd ideally like to get back to 220 where I was somewhat healthy. But I jsut want to lose the weight so that I will more energy, be more active, and be a happier person. And to prove to myself that I can do it. I've never had to lose this much weight before and well I'm not getting any younger.

Exercise: Continue doing high intensity hill climbing 3x a day for 40+ minutes. Start and maintain a weight lifting program (even though I hate weights) Keep a blog of my activities-journey. Eventually get up to running 2 miles a day twice a week. Join a rec basketball league, do some pushups, and situps (proper technique)

Diet: Eat 6 small meals a day. Completely eliminate eating fast foods as hard as that might sound. Try to go a month without it. Learn how to cook some more easy dishes. Drink 8+ glasses of water a day to prevent more kidney stones and stay hydrated. Eliminate juices and pops. And reward myself once every week with something I want to eat (not fast food).

Mentally: Stop letting my conscience take control of what I want. I am my own master. Stay disiplined. Stay active. Be happy more, and not happy less.

Chicago
Old 09-12-2006, 10:38 PM

6'2" 169 lbs trying to get down to 166 lbs in 12 minutes

i'm going to take a dump
Old 09-12-2006, 11:10 PM

It'd be all over it. I only need to drop 10-15 lbs (spare tire). It'd be great to have some sort of accountability (of sorts).

And actually, I doubt I could lose much weight. If I work out a lot I'll gain muscle. But, I need to lose the spair tire (and I'm growing man titties)

20 / Male / 185 / 175 / 3 inches of my waist (34 -> 31/32)

5 ft 11 in.

I don't really fit on the spreadsheet w/ my minor weight gain (if I lose 25 lbs it'll start to be bad), but include me anywho. I need some accountability.