Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 08-10-2006, 08:01 AM

Default Re: \"Make a million $$ in a few minutes of work each day\"...good idea?

[ QUOTE ]
I think the million is the entire salary from what he said, cause 1 mil over 21 years comes out to the 47k, so if you break the contract you end up with 0.

[/ QUOTE ]

That makes sense, I kinda skimmed that section of the OP and it's not that clear either. Wouldn't really matter though, you could still continue working, playing poker, etc - whatever you do now to pay the bills. You'd just have $1mill in the bank working for you.

A better idea might be to buy like a $1.5 million apartment building, put the full $1mill down and the resulting mortgage payment will be very low in comparison to the rent you're receiving. Potentially lots of passive income from rent every month (which could be invested), and virtually no risk of losing the $1mill in equity, unless the $1.5mill apartment complex loses 1/3 of it's value somehow.
Old 08-10-2006, 08:21 AM

Default Re: \"Make a million $$ in a few minutes of work each day\"...good idea?

[ QUOTE ]
umm wtf? are you the same guy who keeps posting that onslaught crap?

[/ QUOTE ]I posted two onslaught thread, yes. I don't "keep" posting it, and I label it clearly so that people can avoid the onslaught threads if they're not interested.
Old 08-10-2006, 08:37 AM

What kind of new cutting edge company makes profit from paying ppl to move enormous pots of hot oats?

If this is a 'serious' question: this is not a good deal at all. Perhaps $47k/ann is a good salary for you now? Perhaps. Do you think it is such a good salary in 5 years? 10? 21? Hardly.

I don't see what this is an analogy for if you are trying to be clever.
Old 08-10-2006, 10:03 AM

I hate these posts because I can never figure out what level of sarcasm everyone's on.
Old 08-10-2006, 10:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
a metaphor for something else

[/ QUOTE ]

Oooh... I like it.
Old 08-10-2006, 10:10 AM

8712 34

d

5 78 23

5 7 899 22457
Old 08-10-2006, 10:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]

8712 34

d

5 78 23

5 7 899 22457

[/ QUOTE ]

You son of a bitch. I just was about to post this.
Old 08-10-2006, 10:25 AM

You must be paying [censored] to not ban you or something.

-bb.
Old 08-10-2006, 10:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Plan: take the job. Take the $1 mill, invest it in something very safe. Aggressively invest the profits from this safe investing (but always keep $1mill in fairly liquid assets that is invested at very low risk). Keep doing this job until you can't take it anymore. Result is (likely) alot more money than you could have made elsewhere working only a small period per day. The longer you do this, the better the pay gets (investments work that way). If you actually decide it's not that bad and stick it out, by all means go for the supervisor position.

[/ QUOTE ]

whats a good estimate of what you could make doing this for 5 years?(just the safest way) Any general guess will do.

[/ QUOTE ]
5 year treasury yield is 4.87% (source: http://bloomberg.com/markets/rates/index.html)

So if you bought $1MM in 5 year treasuries, in 5 years (depending on some yield curve assumptions) you'd have $1,268,157.29.
Old 08-10-2006, 10:42 AM

Default Re: \"Make a million $$ in a few minutes of work each day\"...good idea???

This would be a half-decent post if it weren't for this part that you included:

[ QUOTE ]
Now let me be clear on one thing: This is legit. While I am unsure on whether or not it is a great opportunity, I know several very trust-worthy people who have backed this. This is not some scam to get you to deliever oats. Everything I have said is true and there are no hidden catches.

[/ QUOTE ]

...the fact that you expect us to believe this crap makes me want [censored] to ban you. Had you kept the whole post as a "hypothetical" it would have been fine. But expecting us to be stupid enough to believe that this is a real job...that's just insulting.