Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2006, 07:37 AM

Default Re: \"Make a million $$ in a few minutes of work each day\"...good idea?

[ QUOTE ]
Oh...New City, my bad. Regardless, I don't see how taking this job is smart at all. This seems like a very menial task and the fact that they're paying so much probably means a lot of people break contract. 7665 days is a long time to never miss being late or sick or etc. etc.

Yeah, NLSoldier is right. 10 million probably isn't even enough.

[/ QUOTE ]

One of the hugest benefits of being rich is that you can go wherever you want whenvever you want. Im really having a hard time imagining any amount of money that would make this worth it. I suppose you could have a pretty awesome life after age 40 or whenver your contract is up but it seems like youd miss out on tons of fun stuff that requires travelling over the course of those 21 yrs, and the higher the upfront dollar amount gets, the more and more fun stuff you are missing out on b/c of your inability to travel.
Old 08-10-2006, 07:38 AM

Default Re: \"Make a million $$ in a few minutes of work each day\"...good idea?

First of all, this has gotta be either fake or a metaphor for something else.

If it's real - I quote those above who have said: "wtf?"

Second, 21 years is a hell of a long time to never leave the area for more than a day trip. Not to mention that you'd probably be pretty damned sick of carrying a heavy pot for a mile everyday by like.. day 4.

Plan: take the job. Take the $1 mill, invest it in something very safe. Aggressively invest the profits from this safe investing (but always keep $1mill in fairly liquid assets that is invested at very low risk). Keep doing this job until you can't take it anymore. Result is (likely) alot more money than you could have made elsewhere working only a small period per day. The longer you do this, the better the pay gets (investments work that way). If you actually decide it's not that bad and stick it out, by all means go for the supervisor position.
Old 08-10-2006, 07:39 AM

Oats?
Old 08-10-2006, 07:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Plan: take the job. Take the $1 mill, invest it in something very safe. Aggressively invest the profits from this safe investing (but always keep $1mill in fairly liquid assets that is invested at very low risk). Keep doing this job until you can't take it anymore. Result is (likely) alot more money than you could have made elsewhere working only a small period per day. The longer you do this, the better the pay gets (investments work that way). If you actually decide it's not that bad and stick it out, by all means go for the supervisor position.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm this sounds like a pretty good plan, I didnt think of that. Thing that sucks is you would still have to pay all the costs of relocating out of the $1MM but I guess you could make them up pretty quick.
Old 08-10-2006, 07:42 AM

yea I agree that this isn't worth it at all, 21 years of staying in one place? [censored] that. Of course if you could pay people to show up for you for weeks at a time it could changes things. But again, why would they need people to do this?
Old 08-10-2006, 07:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

whats a good estimate of what you could make doing this for 5 years?(just the safest way) Any general guess will do.
Old 08-10-2006, 07:47 AM

Just show up with a small wagon, load the pot of oats in there, and walk 1 mile.
Old 08-10-2006, 07:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hmm this sounds like a pretty good plan, I didnt think of that. Thing that sucks is you would still have to pay all the costs of relocating out of the $1MM but I guess you could make them up pretty quick.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
they pay $47,619 per year.

[/ QUOTE ]

I figure you a) have at least some money already (ie: you could move somewhere without taking anything from the $1mill) and b) get this decent salary to cover your bills and such.
Old 08-10-2006, 07:55 AM

I think the million is the entire salary from what he said, cause 1 mil over 21 years comes out to the 47k, so if you break the contract you end up with 0.
Old 08-10-2006, 07:57 AM

Can you sub contract?