Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Computer Technical Help
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-22-2006, 01:14 PM

Default PokerTracker errors

My PT has two interesting "problems" now that are quite a pain in my rear, and I'm wondering if anyone else has seen them and can offer a fix...

I have it search hands in my PP and PS "Hand History" folders. When I first open the auto-import window and when I force an import, it typically takes forever to import the histories. Couple minutes at least. I try to keep these folders cleaned out as much as possible to try to minimize this.

But a lot of times what happens is the first time I try to run an import when I just let the timer force the import (i.e. I don't click the "force import" button), it winds up with an error saying "Cannot import now, another import is already running". Usually once I stop the timer and force the import, it's no longer a problem, but occasionally I have to shut it down, and sometimes have to restart the computer to get it to work right.

And now I've reached another issue that could be a huge problem. I datamine quite a few hands on people, and now the import error that it's giving me when I try to run an import is that it can't import because the db has reached its maximum size. I can't imagine this is an issue only for me. I'm compacting it a few times and hopefully that'll help if not resolve the issue. But has anyone else run into this as well?

Any help appreciated. FYI, I was running version .07 before, and am right now downloading the latest patch which hopefully will help. I figured I'd reach out and see, just in case.

- C -
Old 01-22-2006, 10:36 PM

Default Re: PokerTracker errors

If the database has reached it's maximum size, that means you are still using an Access database. PostgreSQL does not limit the size of the database. Otherwise, I'm not much help.