Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review

Old 11-17-2007, 03:26 PM

Default Re: TLDR Beer Club

[ QUOTE ]
That's still pretty steep. I'll have to see how it compares in price w/ the Rodenbach Grand Cru.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you ever get a chance to purchase it, I wholeheartedly recommend it. La Folie is spectacular; the best sour ale I've had yet.

Are there any folks from Wisconsin out there? If so, there's been an interesting development with our friends at Leinenkugels (AKA Miller). They just bottled their Big Eddy imperial stout and thus far it's been getting rave reviews. I'm curious if anyone has access to it and could give it the ol' yea or nay. What do people think about Miller's (and other macros) dip into the craft brew scene?
Old 11-17-2007, 04:56 PM

Oh, I didn't know Leine was a Miller subsidiary. Huh. If their imperial stout is good, they may usurp Coors's Blue Moon line as having the best offering of macro craft brews.
Old 11-24-2007, 07:05 PM

Ok, today was not a good beer day for me. I tried two new beers:

Oat - Southern Tier and Black Chocolate Stout - Brooklyn Brewery.

I didn't finish the Brooklyn and probably won't finish the Oat either. I won't give a review. I'm thinking that I'm just not an 'Imperial Stout' person. Only one more stout to try in my fridge on the positive side.
Old 11-25-2007, 03:50 AM

Yeah, if you don't like the Brooklyn BCS, I don't know what to tell you. It's not the best imperial stout out there, but it's solid, and one of the best values. Probably just not your style. Since you seem to be enjoying an IPA, if you want to give strong, dark beer another shot, you might try Flying Dog's Gonzo imperial porter. It's a cousin of the imperial stouts, but it has a strong hop character that you might enjoy.
Old 11-25-2007, 11:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, if you don't like the Brooklyn BCS, I don't know what to tell you. It's not the best imperial stout out there, but it's solid, and one of the best values. Probably just not your style. Since you seem to be enjoying an IPA, if you want to give strong, dark beer another shot, you might try Flying Dog's Gonzo imperial porter. It's a cousin of the imperial stouts, but it has a strong hop character that you might enjoy.

[/ QUOTE ]

On a similar track, see if you can get your hands on Great Divide Yeti, a very hoppy imperial stout.