Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-2007, 12:58 AM

Default raise raise raise raise

The villain here is an Asian woman who does not appear to play very well. We have established a bit of history while we were both in a 20 game waiting for the current 40 game. First, she witnessed me iso-raise a limper with T6 soooooted on the button and flop a straight, and made a snide remark after the hand (she was BB and had folded preflop). A couple of orbits later I open-raised KJo on the button, she defended her BB with QTo, c/c JTxx flop and turn and bet out on a T river, then smugly showed her hand and gave me a condescending look (I did not show my hand).

Anyhow we're now in the same 40 game. I open raise 77 UTG, she coldcalls from LP, blinds fold. Flop is KT7r. I bet, she raises, I 3-bet, she 4-bets, I 5-bet, and she says "nai han" and calls. I dark bet the turn, which happens to be a K, and she raises.

At this point, is a 3-bet mandatory or spew? That is, does she have KT always here or is our limited history enough for her to go apeshit on the flop with KQ/KJ (I imagine she would have 3-bet me preflop with AK/KK/TT ~ 100% of the time).

Granted, this is a very live-oriented, opponent-specific situation, but any comments/insights would be appreciated.
Old 11-25-2007, 02:29 AM

Default Re: raise raise raise raise

[ QUOTE ]
Granted, this is a very live-oriented, opponent-specific situation, but any comments/insights would be appreciated.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is but she probably has a hand like AK, and once you dark-bet and the K hit the turn, she lost all sense of what happened on the flop, but she still knows what she has, and it just improved!
Old 11-25-2007, 02:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The villain here is an Asian woman who does not appear to play very well. We have established a bit of history while we were both in a 20 game waiting for the current 40 game. First, she witnessed me iso-raise a limper with T6 soooooted on the button and flop a straight, and made a snide remark after the hand (she was BB and had folded preflop). A couple of orbits later I open-raised KJo on the button, she defended her BB with QTo, c/c JTxx flop and turn and bet out on a T river, then smugly showed her hand and gave me a condescending look (I did not show my hand).

Anyhow we're now in the same 40 game. I open raise 77 UTG, she coldcalls from LP, blinds fold. Flop is KT7r. I bet, she raises, I 3-bet, she 4-bets, I 5-bet, and she says "nai han" and calls. I dark bet the turn, which happens to be a K, and she raises.

At this point, is a 3-bet mandatory or spew? That is, does she have KT always here or is our limited history enough for her to go apeshit on the flop with KQ/KJ (I imagine she would have 3-bet me preflop with AK/KK/TT ~ 100% of the time).

[/ QUOTE ]

i think she has KT every single time.
Old 11-25-2007, 02:33 AM

let me explain what is happening here

flop:
her: "lol this kid raises every hand i got top pair raise raise raise oh noez he must have the american airlines"

turn:
"OMG THREE OF A KIND I CANT LOSE ROFLCOPTER RAISE AGAIN PRECIOUS"

yes maybe she has KT. she also maybe has KJ-AK (leaning toward AK obviously)

does anyone want to fold if we are 4bet on the turn? and would anyone rather call and c/r the river instead of raising now?
Old 11-25-2007, 02:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
let me explain what is happening here

flop:
her: "lol this kid raises every hand i got top pair raise raise raise oh noez he must have the american airlines"

turn:
"OMG THREE OF A KIND I CANT LOSE ROFLCOPTER RAISE AGAIN PRECIOUS"

yes maybe she has KT. she also maybe has KJ-AK (leaning toward AK obviously)

does anyone want to fold if we are 3bet on the turn? and would anyone rather call and c/r the river instead of raising now?

[/ QUOTE ]

we cant get 3bet. id likely never fold. an argument can be made for c/r/folding the river when a brick hits, but folding to people who hate us and are idiots is a bad idea.
Old 11-25-2007, 02:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
A couple of orbits later I open-raised KJo on the button, she defended her BB with QTo, c/c JTxx flop and turn and bet out on a T river, then smugly showed her hand and gave me a condescending look (I did not show my hand).

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF? Was this at Bay101 Friday night around 10-11pm? I saw a hand go almost exactly like this at my table between a younger Asian guy and a middle-aged Asian woman. Except she c/r the flop and the guy 3-bet.
Old 11-25-2007, 02:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i think she has KT every single time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 11-25-2007, 02:44 AM

obviously meant if we are 4bet, turns out the 3 and 4 keys are fairly close together. i think that 3betting is prob okay and while i hate to type stuff like this i am really afraid of being 4bet here bc i dont know if i have it in me to fold an obvious losing hand.

i had actually typed this all out before in a longer fashion but decided not to post and was gonna say if i 3bet and was 4bet on turn id prob make terrible calldown. however if i cr riv id probably payoff 3bet in case she now thinks AK is good somehow.
Old 11-25-2007, 02:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
A couple of orbits later I open-raised KJo on the button, she defended her BB with QTo, c/c JTxx flop and turn and bet out on a T river, then smugly showed her hand and gave me a condescending look (I did not show my hand).

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF? Was this at Bay101 Friday night around 10-11pm? I saw a hand go almost exactly like this at my table between a younger Asian guy and a middle-aged Asian woman. Except she c/r the flop and the guy 3-bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh noes, not only is my anonymity gone but my failure to recall hands properly has been exposed. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

were you also from the broken 1/2?
Old 11-25-2007, 02:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]

oh noes, not only is my anonymity gone but my failure to recall hands properly has been exposed. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

were you also from the broken 1/2?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I pretty much only play 20/40. I never actually played a hand, I sat down waiting to post, watched a couple of hands and this one, and then moved to join my cousin at another table.