Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2007, 06:15 PM

Default Re: So I\'m going to Prison for 2 years

I never understood the vehement anti drunk driving rants, people acting like it's one of the more horrible acts a person can commit

Of course it is reckless and irresponsibile, but to get worked up to the point where you wish someone excessive jail time, to feel the anger and disgust you feel towards those who rape and kill just seems bizarre to me. Unless, of course, you lost someone to it.
Old 11-24-2007, 06:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
threads like this really bring out those damn self-righteous a-holes

[/ QUOTE ]

for real
Old 11-24-2007, 06:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I just can't bring myself to point out for the millionth effing time in these threads how artificially low .08 is and how the proselytizers probably drive over that limit fairly regularly without even realizing it.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're an idiot.

[/ QUOTE ]

God what a [censored] Faustian choice: To ignore these [censored] who have nothing better to do than act holier than thou when people are down, VS to point out to the douches that they are douches, thereby derailing an otherwise great thread.

I guess I choose the latter, because I just can't abide you barca lounger judge judys in silence.

[/ QUOTE ]

5 beers in an hour in a 180lb male blows a .08

I've never had more than 2 and drove.
Old 11-24-2007, 06:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's a holiday weekend, and the bar I frequent is about 5-6 miles away. After reading this thread I'm thinking about cabbing both ways if I head over there later.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's definitely a good idea if you plan on having any more than a couple. Even if the laws are artificially low as you mention, it's definitely a good idea to cab it so as to avoid putting yourself in these marginal situations that could get you in big trouble.
Old 11-24-2007, 06:18 PM

ikes,

Let me make this much clear: I do NOT condone driving clearly impaired, and am not proud to say that in my storied drinking career have done so. And I mean just impaired, not blackout drunk and driving into people's front yards. That's some scary, dangerous [censored] right there that should be punished accordingly. I don't think I have a problem with OP's punishment in the least. I haven't bothered to think it through because I don't plan to get three DUIs and be forced to have an opinion on it.

I have just heard too many stories of non-impaired drivers, or people being pulled over just for being guilty of driving and blowing .08-.10 and getting popped when their impairment was negligible to nonexistent to not be outraged about the laws going too far. I hope you can see the distinction I'm making; others whether they're trolling or just can't give up the ghost on their outdated opinion seem content to label all DUI offenders the same.
Old 11-24-2007, 06:19 PM

"5 beers in an hour in a 180lb male blows a .08"

I find this incredibly difficult to believe.
I'm about 175 lbs now.
I know I don't have much tolerance but 5 beers in an hour would mess me up pretty good.

I thought I had read that just 1 drink an hour can put you over the legal limit.
Old 11-24-2007, 06:21 PM

BAC Calc thingy:

http://www.insure.com/articles/carin...alculator.html
Old 11-24-2007, 06:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've never had more than 2 and drove.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow. want a cookie?
Old 11-24-2007, 06:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I never understood the vehement anti drunk driving rants, people acting like it's one of the more horrible acts a person can commit

Of course it is reckless and irresponsibile, but to get worked up to the point where you wish someone excessive jail time, to feel the anger and disgust you feel towards those who rape and kill just seems bizarre to me. Unless, of course, you lost someone to it.

[/ QUOTE ]

The thing is that is a very easily avoided crime. Don't [censored] drive while drunk, its not hard. It's not a crime of passion, or being in the wrong spot at the wrong time. Its a crime of putting everyone else's life in danger so you don't have to call a cab or spend the night in a hotel. The fact that drunk driving is so easily preventable and that it can cause so much damage is what bothers ppl the most
Old 11-24-2007, 06:24 PM

You guys are aware OP isn't just some guy who got pulled over after having a couple glasses of wine at dinner, right? From everything he's said it's pretty hard to argue that he doesn't deserve a few minutes in the penalty box.