Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF

Old 11-09-2007, 02:14 PM

Default Re: The smell goods.

I go through phases so I'll just list what's in my bathroom now.

Issey Miyake cologne. This is what I'm wearing at the moment. I got it on a recommendation from my brother and it's very nice indeed. More of an evening cologne.

I also have CK one summer, Chanel Allure Sport, and lacoste Red.

The biggest "make girls go wild" cologne is Jaun Paul Gauiter Le Male. I've had women stop me on the street when wearing that one.
Old 11-09-2007, 02:14 PM

I'm fairly ignorant on these matters (married, and working in a predominatly male environment), so please forgive me for the silly question, but I do react a bit to cologne and was intreagued by the suggestion of using baby powder. Where do we put this? And how much? Do you buy this in a drugstore?
Old 11-09-2007, 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm fairly ignorant on these matters (married, and working in a predominately male environment), so please forgive me for the silly question, but I do react a bit to cologne and was intrigued by the suggestion of using baby powder. Where do we put this? And how much? Do you buy this in a drugstore?

[/ QUOTE ]

Any grocery store, chemist, or convenience store should carry it. When I use it I buy johnson and johnson, I believe Talcum powder and baby powder might be the same thing?

Generally you want to apply it lightly to your back and shoulders. There are those who like to spruce up the boys with it as well.

[ QUOTE ]
The biggest "make girls go wild" cologne is Jaun Paul Gauiter Le Male. I've had women stop me on the street when wearing that one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hasn't come across my radar, but I will hunt it out.
Old 11-09-2007, 03:23 PM

JPG
Old 11-09-2007, 05:56 PM

My brother wears Jean Paul Gaulteir. He gets compliments on it all the time.

Can't really describe the scent right now cause my nose is stuffy, but its more strong than citrusy.

I wear Curve. Been wearin it since high school. It's definitely time for an upgrade.
Old 11-09-2007, 06:22 PM

i used to wear cologne every day, but i stopped this year for some reason. anyway, here are the all time greats:

escada for men - super clean, good for work.

channel egoiste platinum - awesome all purpose scent

escada sentiment - i don't know if they make it anymore, but it is one of my all time favorites - good for spring/summer

romeo gigli - might be hard to find, but very soft - girls like it.

issey miyake is a great scent - there was a period when everyone i knew wore it so i stopped - but it is excellent and i may break it back out in a year or two.

Thierry Mugler angel is different and kind of interesting - it has a little coffe/chocolate thing going on - not for everyone.

my current go to is dunhill desire - all around great and noone else wears it.

if i had one recommendation it would be to stay away from anything that people might recognize.

edit: ralph lauren safari is a great scent too - but also had a period where tons of people were wearing it.
Old 11-09-2007, 06:28 PM

i wear cool water. i think it smells good and so do some women. at a party once this crazy girl was like "who is wearing cool water" and she kinda sniffed around till she got to me. for the next 30 mins she was just smelling me. kinda weird.
Old 11-09-2007, 10:17 PM

I really like Polo Safari. Kind of a manly woodsy scent that doesn't overpower but last longer than anything else I have tried.
Old 11-12-2007, 11:56 AM

Does anyone know where you can get mini-bottles of cologne? I'd like to get a bunch of different ones, but they're so expensive in the full sized bottles to bother taking a risk with a bunch of them. I've seen gift packs in shops around Christmas but never any other time really.
Old 11-12-2007, 01:40 PM

"I've seen gift packs in shops around Christmas but never any other time really. "

You should be able to get them like next week then?