Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2007, 12:58 PM

Default First trip to Vegas--Need advice

I guess you could say I'm still a beginner--advanced beginner maybe. I've dabbled in NLHE for a few years now but just recently started playing more. Only one cash out of 10 live tournaments so far, but it was a 4th place out of 103 at a $50 freezeout and I felt like I played pretty well.

Last 2 months I've started playing nearly every day online, and in $10 and $20 ST or small MT tourneys I'm winning about 25% of them and cashing in about half of them, probably more than half of the $10 ones.

I'm making my first trip to Vegas in December and would love to hear any advice on what tournaments would be good for me. Ideally I'd like to find a mix of small tournaments where my chances of cashing are better and bigger tournaments where I can potentially win more for my money.
Old 11-02-2007, 01:07 PM

Default Re: First trip to Vegas--Need advice

See the sticky at the top of the thread list "Classic B&M Threads"-- it includes a list of regularly scheduled tournaments in Vegas including recommendations for "best" in each price range.

Or just see LasVegasMichael's list of Regularly Spread Tournaments in Vegas