Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2007, 10:42 PM

Default Re: 200NL - What is \"standard\" here?

I think the wide variety of responses here make me think that this play is strongly dependent on your image and how you play other hands and even how you play poker in general (nit vs. aggro)
Old 10-22-2007, 10:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the wide variety of responses here make me think that this play is strongly dependent on your image and how you play other hands and even how you play poker in general (nit vs. aggro)

[/ QUOTE ]

that's a fair point. ppl who play LAG kinda need to play some hands differently to ppl who play 16/12 or something. Which is why I think hero's image should be posted every time in threads

I think once you are thinking about the game enough to realise that, and think about what other hands in your range you'd make the current play with, you are fastracking along the line to being a very good player
Old 10-23-2007, 02:46 AM

I definitely 3bet here.

Basically the only hands that he can have and call you with that you're in serious trouble to are 77 and 55. Even against those you have decent equity. He probably folds a hand like QJ. He probably calls a smaller flush draw (sweet). He usually 3balls AQ and certainly QQ pre if he is a decent aggro tag. basically his range here is heavily polarized to stuff he's going to fold to your 3bet. and you are probably only a 60-40 dog to his calling range.

i think a lot has to do with how you play though. i am pretty loose-aggro preflop so i find people love to call and make plays at me on flops like this. so a lot of the time they will have stuff that can't stand a 3bet.
Old 10-23-2007, 03:50 AM

i make it $100 and call shove.

pushing is obv. fine too but shoving for $180 or so into a $60 pot kinda tips off your hand