Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 09-17-2007, 09:05 AM

Default Re: Absolute Rigged?

The “evidence” appears to be a few hand individual hand histories, which of course mean nothing. Some guy who won about 20K at $20NL over around 100 hands, which looks like chip dumping. And someone who won about 30K at 150/300 and 200/400 limit in about 500 hands. Which looks like normal play, the rest of the stats looks like heads up play. Plus a lot of people asserting that Absolute is fixed.
Old 09-17-2007, 09:07 AM

why is the thread in bbv locked? this is insane
Old 09-17-2007, 10:01 AM

You only need a few hundred hands to determine if something is statistically significant enough to conclude that there is cheating.
Old 09-17-2007, 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The “evidence” appears to be a few hand individual hand histories, which of course mean nothing. Some guy who won about 20K at $20NL over around 100 hands, which looks like chip dumping. And someone who won about 30K at 150/300 and 200/400 limit in about 500 hands. Which looks like normal play, the rest of the stats looks like heads up play. Plus a lot of people asserting that Absolute is fixed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. Somebody's playing 95/70 at NL calling down with 10 high winning piles of cash at the highest stakes AND chip dumping AND absolute didn't notice, hasn't commented, and hasn't responded.

Yeah, nothing to see here.

You might want to review the hand histories. The actual way these hands played out are far more damning that a statistical pattern.
Old 09-17-2007, 03:48 PM

I'm usually one of the first to mock the "ZOMGRIGGED" people, but the stuff out there is pretty damning (the combination of stats is just too weird, especially when combined with some very very strange looking post flop play - i.e. cold capping PF in LHE, and folding a 522 flop for one bet when someone flops a boat. I mean, yeah misclick is possible, but when the respected HS posters are about 95% in agreement that something is Not Right...)
Old 09-17-2007, 04:42 PM

Just wanted to throw my two bones in there.

I have two friends that have played these accounts in high stakes cash games and MTTs on absolute. I, personally, am almost 100% confident that both of these accounts have or had the ability to exploit some part of the AP software in order to see other players hole cards. The accounts were 'doubledrag' and 'potripper.' Spelling on those account names may not be perfect.

I have also not explored the origin of APs software but I thought that the software provider for AP was the same as PokerStars software provider? I am not sure on this but I am sure that others would know.
Old 09-17-2007, 04:50 PM

Stars has their own development team.
Old 09-17-2007, 04:51 PM

yeah, the difference between Stars and AP's software and quality is so dramatic I can't imagine they were developed by the same people.