Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2007, 12:12 PM

Default Re: Chasing gutshot straight to the river?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
A possible alternate line here is to fold it and let her know you let her have the pot after you hit your gutter.

[/ QUOTE ]
But won't you appear weak to her then, a push-over, someone who will not fight for her, a non-alpha-male, a poor mate? I don't know. I fear this line will leave you with nothing more than, "You're such a good friend, you understand me so well, I really like talking to you.", which, we all know, is quite killing for any possible hope of any future more-than-friends relationship.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point, but I'm still afraid that with the line you proposed, she'll just hate you when you hit and post here complaining about what a lucky bastard you are.
Old 08-10-2007, 01:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Good point, but I'm still afraid that with the line you proposed, she'll just hate you when you hit and post here complaining about what a lucky bastard you are.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's results oriented thinking [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-10-2007, 04:07 PM

It's rarely worth it to chase a gutterball to the river. If there are several players in the pot and the pot is of decent size on the flop (10 big blinds +), I'll see the turn. However, you're gonna want the pot to be at least 12 Big Bets going into the river to make your gutshot draw worth it. Don't throw the money away...
Old 08-10-2007, 04:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Chasing gutshot straight to the river, no flush possibility and no pair, when do u do it?,

[/ QUOTE ]

when i have the implied odds to do so.
Old 08-10-2007, 07:08 PM

Also, the pot must be extra large on the flop for you to call when the board is paired or 2 to a flush as both of these situations cut down on your odds.

Post BBV in BBV in the future. You want your opponents to chase gutshots. This is one of the reasons why they lose money and why you can make money. The reason why it seems like they 'always' catch is because bad beats stand out in our minds more than wins. You don't think much about the times that your oppenents were chasing you with who-knows-what to the river and then folded, but this happens far more often than your oppenent flipping over a rivered gut shot.