[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
turn seems fine, i think shoving the river would be awesome

[/ QUOTE ]

turn seems terrible

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont see how the turn can EVER be "terrible".

[/ QUOTE ]

Its not awful, but I prefer raising. It looks like he has a combo draw on the turn, in which I don't think he's going anywhere - so just bump it up now. Plus there are lots of river cards that are pretty ugly. any spade/heart or board pairing you can't be thrilled with - but thats beside the point, i'm raising the turn for value b/c i think he's coming along.

As played - oof, I assume this is HU? I think ur losing value by just checking a straight. I think bet half pot, w/ intent of folding seems ok, but the queen of spades is pretty ugly.
Old 08-05-2007, 02:26 PM

Default Re: 3/6 turn/river combination on crazy board

[ QUOTE ]
turn seems fine, i think shoving the river would be awesome

[/ QUOTE ]

What worse hand besides AQ is going to call a shove? Maybe you can fold out a 10 to get him off a split pot. This is interesting - the river check seems weak, so a shove is sexy - depends how tricky villain is, if he's willing to go for big cr on river.
Old 08-05-2007, 02:50 PM

raise turn. how played id just check riv
Old 08-06-2007, 03:46 AM

Your hand is vulnerable on the turn. You are like a 65 to 70% favorite. So why not jack it and shove river.
From his range, he won't have the flush very often but he will have a boat pretty often, a T for a chop, and rarely AT for a turned nut straight which does fit his line imo and fish could c/r all in with it here.
On river, got to value bet so the only question is whether to call a shove and how often.
You read is that he makes loose calls, so go for that and generally fold to a shove. Make it every once in a while to balance against bluffs. If he shoves everything in a reasonable range including some weak kings, you are like 50/50 and can make the call easily.
Board: Ks 9h Qh Js Qs
Dead:

equity win tie pots won pots tied
Hand 0: 45.714% 28.57% 17.14% 20 12.00 { KdTc }
Hand 1: 54.286% 37.14% 17.14% 26 12.00 { TT, AhTh, K8s+, Q9s+, JTs, ATo, K8o+, Q9o+, JTo }
Pulling out K8, K9, KJ to represent shoving with weak made hands turning them into bluffs, you become a 76/24 dog, so you would have to fold).

BTW, after playing around with pokerstove, the value bet on the river looks thin to me. How often does he have just bare trip Qs and real weak Ks, worse than K8? Also, I didn't think he would have AK, AQ, or real bad Ks, Qs, if he could then the river bet becomes easy.