Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-18-2007, 03:04 PM

Default Re: PLO8 ($100)...Aaaaaaaaaaaw Crap, DAMN THE TURN!

Nah raising wasn't even a thought...It was call or muck...I have to run the hands on twoplustwo to see (without knowing he had the straight draw too) and see where I was at...I think the moral of the story here for all the PLO8 players is that if you have a strong feeling you are being free-rolled in a pot think long and hard if you want to put in 2 large bets (especially when deep stacked) just to get to a showdown...

I guess this makes me a weak-tight pussy, which did go through my mind when playing this hand...Maybe I'm wrong about this, but I don't see many of the top PLO8 players making this laydown given this read...
Old 06-18-2007, 04:21 PM

If SB tags along

If you give the villain any A5 or A3 you have odds to call the turn when its heads up, if you think you will always play the river perfect. If SB tags along you definitely dont want to be in there.
Old 06-18-2007, 04:31 PM

I may be way off here but i think this is a clear fold.

Basically you are pretty sure villian has the low locked up and is freerolling for the high. $51 dollars in the pot, more than likely it is costing you $110 to see the rest of the hand, There is a small chance SB has something as well.

It just seems to me that we are Putting $110 into the pot in order to chop $51, our share would be 25.50. I'm no PLO8 pro but it seems like we are getting the worst of it when our read is correct here.