Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes

Old 05-30-2007, 09:47 AM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 05-30-2007, 09:49 AM

Default Re: Live HSNL strategy Part 1: Sunglasses

Yeah those were pretty baller.

As for the whole is it a major deal or not...I think tbg, duck, chaos all said my eyes were insane...I've also had 2 random solid individuals come up to me (total strangers) and say that I should consider putting on sunglasses....that's the only reason I asked...
Old 05-30-2007, 11:43 PM

Don't have time to read through the thread, some quick thoughts for the online pro's that will be playing live this WSOP (posting to my own detriment [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] ):

1) Definitely wear sunglasses if you're not used playing live and will be playing high stakes (since that's what you're used to) against lots of experienced live players. You will be very unpleasantly surprised how the "fish" keep making good calls against you... thing is, the "fish" has been playing live for the last 15 years, you haven't. I am not going to even mention tough experienced live pros.

2) Do NOT talk during the hand, especially against players that talk a lot (like me). They know why they're talking, you don't, and you can't hang in there with them word-for-word, please trust me on that one. Just shut up once you're in the hand that matters, it will be FAR better for you in the long run.

3) Me and AZK both have mentioned this, but don't overly rely on bet-sizing for clues against the fish, they have no clue what the pot is and it doesn't matter to them anyway, except to figure out if it's "big" or "small." Anytime they stick a full "stack" of chips in, that's considered a "big" bet. If it's a full stack of whites, that's a "really big" bet. The majority of the time that's live bet-sizing.

Sorry, i know that goes beyond the scope of the OP, but I wanted to throw it out there really quick as I'm running out the door.

HOpe it helps,
Kirk
Old 05-31-2007, 03:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
if you are playing a pot with someone beside you, sunglasses allow you to perform whats known as an EXTRA INTENSE staredown. Thats something both myself and many other experts value.

[/ QUOTE ]

obv this is a level on some level, but fwiw, i dont understand guys that wear sunglasses so THEY can stare people down. i'll stare at someone until the cows come home without sunglasses and i love it when someone tries to stare me down, especially when they have a big hand and i've got a bigger one.