Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2007, 02:53 AM

Default Replacement copies of NLHTAP available?

I seem to remember reading the post of someone whose copy of "Theory and Practice" was, like mine, falling apart. I believe he went on to say that Mason was very accommodating in providing a replacement copy at no charge. Is this the case? I've been gentle enough with the book, but having read it three times now, the binding is starting to give way. I know I've gotten well over $30 dollars of value from it, but I've only owned it for around 9 months, and to be forced to buy another copy after so short a period seems unreasonable.

Thanks to Mason or anyone else with information.
Old 05-02-2007, 04:52 PM

Default Re: Replacement copies of NLHTAP available?

I hate to reply to my own post, but since neither Mason nor any mod has seen fit to respond, I must get my question back to the forefront. Having just seen this post about bad printing in SSHE,

[ QUOTE ]
If you have a bad book you can send it to:

Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
32 Commerce Center Drive
Suite H-89
Henderson, NV 89074

for replacement. Make sure to include your complete mailing address.

Best wishes,
mason

[/ QUOTE ]
I must figure that bad binding should certainly qualify for replacement. It makes the book just as difficult to read, especially if some of the pages get lost. There's no reason a $30 dollar book should be falling apart after 9 months of intermittent use.
Old 05-02-2007, 05:18 PM

Of course replacement copies are available!

You can get them at your local megabookseller for around $35.00.

And this time, don't try to force it to lay flat, or lay it face down and leave it for hours.

And if you absolutly have to do those things, then take it to Kinkos and have it sprial bound.

I've got lots of big, thick 2+2 books and I don't experience any of the problems some posters here complain about.
Old 05-02-2007, 05:20 PM

Have it spiral bound at Kinko's for about $5.

Lost Wages
Old 05-02-2007, 06:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I hate to reply to my own post, but since neither Mason nor any mod has seen fit to respond, I must get my question back to the forefront. Having just seen this post about bad printing in SSHE,

[ QUOTE ]
If you have a bad book you can send it to:

Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
32 Commerce Center Drive
Suite H-89
Henderson, NV 89074

for replacement. Make sure to include your complete mailing address.

Best wishes,
mason

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That refers to new copies that are defective.

All of my 2+2 books have held together quite well, because I treat them well. Including NLHTAP.

[ QUOTE ]
There's no reason a $30 dollar book should be falling apart after 9 months of intermittent use.

[/ QUOTE ]

One reason would be abuse by the reader. I would get some personal feedback from 2+2 before mailing off a worn-out book.
Old 05-02-2007, 07:11 PM

phydaux, as always, your sarcasm and assumptions are infinitely helpful. and your reading comprehension skills astound even me, a life-long literature devotee. to quote myself:

[ QUOTE ]
I've been gentle enough with the book, but having read it three times now, the binding is starting to give way.

[/ QUOTE ]
So as I initally stated, I have not abused the book, but have read it thoroughly several times. At no point did I fold it back on itself, leave it lying open, or anything else you decided I must have done.

If I may, I'll take a cue from your penchant for blind assumption and make one of my own: I've read more books in my 23 year lifetime than you have read or will read over the rest of your days. And I've never encountered one with binding this shoddy, nor one that i'll be forced to replace after three reads and a mere nine months of ownership. I own ten other 2+2 books, six of which I've read more than once, and not one among them has so much as a spine crease.

Whether or not the subpar binding of Theory and Practice affects every copy is irrelevant; it is nonetheless a DEFECT, in that it impedes my ability to read it.