Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-20-2007, 08:02 PM

Default Top two B&M hand $1/$1 NL

Sorry if this is the wrong forum...

So i've been playing the standard super tight, super aggressive strategy that i always employ in this game. It's a $40 max buy-in, so you can't fool around with speculative hands, and when you do have a big hand, there's almost always someone ready to pay you off. I've played this game five times over the past two months and never lost a dollar.

Villain is pretty straightforward with a short stack, but he's caught some really lucky cards lately and built up a respectable stack. Now with $200 in front, he is limping into a lot of pots, consistently betting when checked to, and seems to like bluffing in general. I have a little over $100 in my stack. Every other player in the forthcoming hand has around $40.

So four limpers and it's checked to me in the BB. I look down to J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. I check and we see the flop five-way.

Flop comes 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

I check and everyone checks to Villain who's last to act. He fires $10 into the $5 pot. I think for a few seconds, look to my left for any signs of interest, and upon seeing little, I opt to call. Everyone else folds. Pot is now $22 after rake.

Turn is the 10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. I check my top two. He quickly bets $25. This pot is getting big, and I hate the thought of potentially going broke OOP in an unraised pot. I'm getting just 2 to 1 on a call, but I call. Pot is $72.

River is the 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Again I check, and with little thought Villain bets $65, effectively putting me all in. Pot is $140, so i'm getting slightly better than 2 to 1. What's your read and what do you do here?

Old 04-20-2007, 08:39 PM

Default Re: Top two B&M hand $1/$1 NL

can i get a comment or two?
Old 04-20-2007, 08:46 PM

Disgusting flop. With ace or king as a spade card... well maybe call but a T?
By calling you enter the world of tough decisions on TURN & RIVER. prepare to see a set or a lower two pair.

Avoiding this spot is clearly the better way to do it. Its a 5$ pot...
Old 04-20-2007, 09:23 PM

Yes fold the flop.
As played, the turn is your perfect miracle card. If you don't raise him all-in here, you should have folded on the flop. What else do you need?