Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Computer Technical Help
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-14-2007, 08:18 PM

Default No display when booting up?!

Hey there.

I just built a system for my friend today, and I am having an issue. The system is turning on fine, and I see the fans boot up, then the CPU fan, but after that, nothing happens. Nothing displays on the monitor, and the system just continues to run.

We were able to get a display, as this happened before, by connecting the AX12 or something like that... to the motherboard from the power supply. We had a picture, and the BIOS couldn't find the HD (SATA). I changed the connections, mainly switching spots where the ATA cable connected to the MoBo, and made sure the power was in. From this point on, everything is blank when the system turns on, other than the powering of the fans, and what sounds like it could be the whirring of the HD. The Vid card fan is on as well.

Using a Gigabyte DS3. Tried the Ram sticks in different spots, and tried with each one of them in by themselves. No luck. Another Note about the memory, the BIOS when we did see a boot screen was saying "Memory running as Single Channel" Couldn't seem to get this to change.

Not sure if the PSU is out, or the Mobo, or the proc, or all of the above. Any suggestions on how I go about troubleshooting this mess? Also, if what, does it sound like I need to have my friend RMA with Newegg?

Thanks. If you need more info, please ask, ill be waiting for responses.

Thanks!