Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-2007, 07:55 PM

Default Lee Jones and Jurollo - PLEASE READ - Stars $50K VIP Freeroll

The first weekly $50K VIP Freeroll is tomorrow at 2PM EST. There have been several announcements about the new VIP freerolls and how GoldStar and PlatinumStar VIP's would be able to satellite their way into them via FPP satellites. I've looked in the tournament lobby under the VIP tab and the two satellites tomorrow for the $50K freeroll will not be done in time for those that win seats to enter the $50K freeroll at 2PM EST.

Basically it means that Stars has excluded Gold and Platinum VIP's from a freeroll that they have been promoting to the VIP members. So if you are a Supernova VIP I guess you're going to have a nice $50K freeroll tomorrow. The response from Stars support to my e-mail about this was:

"Unfortunately since last week we were running the Fifth Anniversary Promotion, there were not satellites for the $50K VIP Freeroll. The satellites start again tomorrow for the next Saturday's event."

Doesn't make sense to me. Just move the two satellites for the Gold and Platinum Star VIP's up about 4 hours and add another set later in the day. I'm disappointed because this was the first month I achieved PlatinumStar VIP and I'm basically locked out of a freeroll I'm supposed to be able to satellite my way into. Maybe Lee Jones can just open the first $50K freeroll up to all Gold and Platinum VIP's?

I PM'ed Jurollo but he must be quite busy with the PCA as I'm sure Lee is as well. I'm not holding out much hope that anything will be done about it. If you are a Supernova VIP good luck tomorrow.

Paul
Old 01-05-2007, 08:11 PM

Default Re: Lee Jones and Jurollo - PLEASE READ - Stars $50K VIP Freeroll

I was thinking the same thing. I couldn't find any satellites that were running to let me get into the 50k freeroll (btw, im also platinum star). Quite dissapoiting for the first month of the new year...
Old 01-05-2007, 10:38 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if they rectified this after-the-fact (after PCA, after the freeroll).
Old 01-05-2007, 11:55 PM

The GoldStar and PlatinumStar satellites to the VIP $50k weekly take place on Saturdays. You are correct the first weeks VIP $50k weekly will have Supernovas only. We had a huge amount of new Supernovas the last week of December and think this is a nice reward for all the Supernovas from 2006.

Scotty
Old 01-06-2007, 01:01 AM

Wow. Boo.
Old 01-06-2007, 08:50 AM

[censored] so this is a low number of entrants?? Guess we can expect about 3000 next week, yay [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 01-06-2007, 10:14 PM

Scotty,

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately since I wasn't able to play the two satellites to next week's $50K held this afternoon I guess I'm SOL for next week too. I'm sure the other VIP's would like to see more satellites to the $50K freeroll so hopefully Stars will think about some changes. I also feel if you want to reward your Supernova VIP's then hold a freeroll just for them instead of promoting a new freeroll to your other VIP's and then not allowing them any option to satellite into it. Seems cheap to me and I expect more from Stars.

Paul
Old 01-06-2007, 10:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Scotty,

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately since I wasn't able to play the two satellites to next week's $50K held this afternoon I guess I'm SOL for next week too. I'm sure the other VIP's would like to see more satellites to the $50K freeroll so hopefully Stars will think about some changes. I also feel if you want to reward your Supernova VIP's then hold a freeroll just for them instead of promoting a new freeroll to your other VIP's and then not allowing them any option to satellite into it. Seems cheap to me and I expect more from Stars.

Paul

[/ QUOTE ]

As a Gold, I completely agree with this.
Old 01-06-2007, 11:37 PM

I was surprised, finally a freeroll worth playing.

Guess it goes back to normal next week.
Old 01-07-2007, 02:45 AM

--------I was surprised, finally a freeroll worth playing.
Guess it goes back to normal next week.

About 160 players won satellites this week to the $50k. Guessing we will have 800 players next week.

----WinBig

We understand your point. It's better for us to offer too few and add more at a later date. If we had too many satellites it would be impossible to correct. We will make adjustments in the future if needed.

Scotty