Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-2006, 06:00 PM

Default Blasting away with KK

I'm very TAG at these $5/$10 tables. I'm around a 15/10/3.1 and not afraid to push small edges or make big folds and most of my tables know this. I don't remember much about the villains' specifics, but CO is LAG (around 40/20/2+) and SB hasn't made himself noticeable.

I'm dealt K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in MP and open. CO reraises, SB calls, BB calls, I cap, all call.
Flop: 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
SB checks, BB checks, I bet, CO raises, SB check-reraises, BB folds, I cap, all call.
Turn: 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
SB checks, I check, button bets, SB calls, I call.
River: T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
SB checks, I bet.

Thoughts on this line? What do you do if button raises? What do you do if SB check raises? If button raises and SB reraises I think I fold.

- C -
Old 02-01-2006, 06:10 PM

Default Re: Blasting away with KK

Turn check?
Old 02-01-2006, 06:26 PM

Just bet the turn.
Old 02-01-2006, 07:56 PM

If you capped the action on the flop, why didn't you bet the turn?

If the SB had the A he should have bet the river so I wouldn't worry about him checkraising you. He probably has a set or a small flush and just saw his hand die. If the button raises I call one more bet and I suppose I might dump it if the SB checkraises again making it two bets to you.
Old 02-01-2006, 08:03 PM

first,
[ QUOTE ]
15/10/3.1

[/ QUOTE ]
does not equal this IMO
[ QUOTE ]
not afraid to push small edges

[/ QUOTE ]

second,
you need to bet this turn.

third,
preflop, flop, and river are good.
Old 02-02-2006, 10:15 AM

Hobbs, maybe you can expand on your first statement a bit? I don't really understand it...or more specifically why you think it...

The turn check I agree wasn't good. That's the one move in the hand I didn't especially like. Just wanted clarity around it. I checked it cause I felt there was a reasonable chance I was already beat in the hand and the flop cap was both for value on the flush draw vs. two opponents (plus the added chance I am already best) as well as giving me the option at a free card on the turn. Button did what I thought he would do...feared a cr and checked the turn. If he'd have bet and SB folded, I likely would have cr'd him, and if he reraised that I might have considered folding cause I'm not sure he reraises that without A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Ax.

- C -
Old 02-02-2006, 10:22 AM

If you capped the flop to get a free card on the turn then I like it. SB's check-reraise on the flop very much looks like a made flush to me.

I like your river bet. SB only called button's bet on the turn so now it looks like he does not have the nut flush, if he has any flush at all. If button raises I call. And if SB again check-reraises then I would fold.
Old 02-02-2006, 10:25 AM

Bet the turn in the future, other than that I like the hand.
Old 02-02-2006, 10:32 AM

I'm an idiot and didn't reread the hand before posting my follow-up. I forgot button bet the turn. I would have cr'd had SB folded, but with SB calling I wasn't all that comfortable with being best at the time so I called.

I'm still iffy on the turn check though. I did cap the flop for a shot at the freebie if needed. I actually think it would have been better to just go ahead with a cr on the turn. SB could have the flush with his flop check reraise, so the flop cap might give me a free card on the turn. Then when I take it, if button bets, if SB just then calls I should probably suspect I'm best against a wide variety of hands with solid redraw chances. If I get reraised at any point I'm probably dead though I have no idea if I can find a fold as the pot would be huge at that point. Unimproved on the river I could fold, but if I pick up the spade I'd have to check call.

I'm starting to think that checking the turn with the intention of raising if button bets and SB calls is best. If button bets and SB raises.....

- C -