Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2006, 02:41 PM

Default Re: Why don\'t David and Mason start a PPA?

It is not their responsibility to legalize online poker. The time and money it would take for that effort is tremendous.

Having said that, I am very surprised that they did absolutely nothing. There are inexpensive ways they could have helped but they chose to not take the issue seriously.
Old 10-01-2006, 03:07 PM

PPA was obviously the leader here even though I'm not sure of all the details of what they were trying to do.

David and Mason starting their own PPA, especially when they don't have the inclination or perhaps even the knowledge to do so, would have been silly.
Perhaps almost as silly as blaming them for the passage of this legislation.

If David and Mason are to start an organization then should Cordoza publishing have started their own as well??
Should Ed Miller start his own NPA-PPA organization?

And then Mike Caro too?

If there were 2 or 17 organizations or just 1 organization what good would it have accomplished.

David and Mason admit (wisely) that they really don't know the best way to go about this.
They even consulted a lawyer to see if there was anything else they should consider.

It is apparent to me that the PPA didn't seem to know a whole lot either.
They struck me (from what I saw) as being kind of disorganized and not having much of a plan beyond just telling everybody, "Hey. Lets all call our senators at once."

I just went to the pokerplayersalliance.org website.

There is NO UPDATE on this issue at all except that Frist is attaching it to a piece of legislation that is expected to pass tonight and that we all need to call our senators now.

David and Mason COULD have done the same thing if they wanted but probably realized that they wouldn't do a very good job of it.
they also perhaps had their doubts (correctly so) about the 'everybody call your senators over and over' strategy and didn't want to implement it.

My guess is that if there was an organization that showed a definite strategy and responsible approach to tackling the issue then they would have voiced their full support for it.

IIRC, Mason said that he asked the PPA what specifically they were doing and couldn't even get a response.
Old 10-01-2006, 04:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
fwiw... 2+2 did take action... for one, it opened this forum! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

These talking points have been used again and again, and each time they've been thoroughly discredited. Hosting the forum is good, but not an excuse not to do other easy, proactive things.
Old 10-01-2006, 04:47 PM

i wonder if this is the same lawyer who told them they shouldn't set up affiliate accounts for two plus two, and should stick to paid advertising?
Old 10-01-2006, 08:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i wonder if this is the same lawyer who told them they shouldn't set up affiliate accounts for two plus two, and should stick to paid advertising?

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-01-2006, 10:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I do not blame anyone but the Republican party who is pandering to the religous right AGAIN and slipped this in at the last second. This finger pointing is useless. Have some respect for the 2+2 management.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a little ridiculous.
1) It's not the right. It's the right and left. There's no vocal opposition to this bill from the public, and both sides are pushing it through.
2) No one's blaming David or Mason. What I'm saying is that they have the resources and network to start an organization that can work. Not that they necessarily have to run it. But when you've got a successful business with access to thousands of people with a vested interest in the same thing, doesn't it make sense that they can at least try to get the ball rolling themselves and find people who are qualified for the job if/when they deem themselves not?

[ QUOTE ]
My guess is that if there was an organization that showed a definite strategy and responsible approach to tackling the issue then they would have voiced their full support for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure they would have as well. My question is, with their resources and contacts, why didn't they try to start it themselves? Start asking around the boards, "Who can do this? Who's interested? How can we raise funds? How can we get organized?" Start getting the ball rolling and start off by saying "We want to organize a group and want people who know how to do this helping us." Instead, they said nothing.

- Chris
Old 10-01-2006, 10:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
fwiw... 2+2 did take action... for one, it opened this forum! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

These talking points have been used again and again, and each time they've been thoroughly discredited. Hosting the forum is good, but not an excuse not to do other easy, proactive things.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mr. K...

1. What "easy, proactive things" do you think 2+2 (a publishing company) should have done?

2. What would you like to see 2+2 do at this point?

If someone has already carefully detailed the answers to these questions, then please provide a link. Thx
Old 10-01-2006, 11:13 PM

Why don't David and Mason start a PPA?! LOL Hell, they couldn't even figure out whether to oppose the bill before it passed.