Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2006, 05:39 PM

Default Was the villian brilliant or foolish? I can\'t decide.

So a few days ago this hand came up in a live $2/$5 NL game, and I'm not sure if he played great or terrible. The villian is a young pro that I haven't played with much. What I had seen of his play has led me to think that he is a solid player and I would generally try to avoid getting involved in heads up pots with him. Here I had about $1000 in chips and he had about $200 or so. He was on my immediate right, and limped in middle-late position. I raised to $20 with QQ and we saw the flop two-handed. The flop came K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. He checked to me and I bet $40. He called. The turn was a blank. He moved in for $143. What do you do?

I couldn't see what he would have limped with that he would have hit on this flop. Would he limp and call with KQ or AK in late-middle position? I can't see how. And I couldn't put him on a 7 because what hand would he have played with a seven in it out of position in a heads up pot? That was my thinking at the time, and I'll give you the result later on.
Old 08-20-2006, 05:41 PM

Default Re: Was the villian brilliant or foolish? I can\'t decide.

Wrong forum
Old 08-20-2006, 05:43 PM

Default Re: Was the villian brilliant or foolish? I can\'t decide.

OPPPs! sorry, I accidently posted in the wrong forum.