Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-18-2006, 04:54 AM

Default ABS 3/6: KQs flops top pair and I StopNGo

First round at table so no reads but the lobby stats were much better than the normal rocky Absolute games.

Converted by PokerGeek
Absolute Limit Hold'em Ring - $3/$6 Stakes (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero raises, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, Small blind folds, Big blind calls

Flop: (8.67 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Big blind checks, Hero bets, MP2 raises, Button calls, Big blind calls, Hero calls

Turn: (8.33 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Big blind checks, Hero bets...

Would it have been better to 3bet the flop or to checkraise the turn?
Old 06-18-2006, 05:33 AM

Default Re: ABS 3/6: KQs flops top pair and I StopNGo

I dunno if its just me, but if there are lots of cards that can destroy my hand, I like to 3 bet the flop and lead the turn. If a spade comes on the turn and I get raised, I can fold vs a typical opponent.

If the 6 was a diamond instead, you could probably go for a check raise on the turn since only an ace would hurt your hand.
Old 06-18-2006, 05:54 AM

what is different about betting the turn after getting value from the huge overlay on the flop by 3-betting? in other words, why are you bypassing the obvious equity edge you have on the flop in order to donk the turn. are you actually going to check fold a [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] turn? if you 3-bet the flop, cant you check a [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] turn as well?

most players will not raise you again with a worse Q.
Old 06-18-2006, 12:16 PM

I 3-bet the flop, as there are 3 other players, and I'd like to push my equity now, while I have it. If the flop gets capped, I'd be very wary for the rest of the hand, although he could be capping with ATs or A4s.