Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-30-2007, 11:56 AM

Default What are you working on MMB?

I'm curious, and I'm sure others are, about what sort of projects/business ventures the MMB posters are currently working on. So post away to let us know whats up, or just to brag about something cool you're working on.
Old 03-30-2007, 01:14 PM

Default Re: What are you working on MMB?

Just about all I do now is buy minority shares of small businesses. I help people get start-up capital by buying a portion of the business. Right now I'm working on three deals. One is with a guy that wants to buy or open a salon and day spa. One is with a guy that wants to buy a bakery. The third is a trailer park.
Old 03-30-2007, 01:24 PM

I am looking at buying a pizza place from a retiring owner. 100K for 70K net/yr. I am researching whether I could expand if I buy.

Once I do more research and it still looks good to me, I will probably post up.
Old 03-30-2007, 01:36 PM

just purchased a deli that is only open during weekday lunch hours. Does a lot of business catering. Makes 1400 bucks a week and only cost me 20K. Just bought it three days ago. Owners were moving out town and I got it and the two helpers. I think I came out on the good side. Workers get minimum wage.
Old 03-30-2007, 01:44 PM

I'm working on my first website which is an affiliate site. It should be up and running in the next couple weeks. It really is an experiment in what I can do online and teach me a few things before I move on to a much more massive project I have in mind. Also I'm hoping it can make me a few bucks on the side, but I don't expect it to be anything groundbreaking.

I'm a professional marketer (media planning manager) for an automotive company, so once I figure out the basics of internet marketing and website creation, I know I have the skills and resources to make these things work.

I'll elaborate a little more on both my current site and future site at a later date.
Old 03-30-2007, 01:48 PM

I am currently looking in starting up a vending machine biz... as I know of 3 good spots I could use (with permission). Other than that... I have my forum (mspaintwars) which only has 37 users but hopefully will grow. Arbitrage websites and poker. FULL TIME JOB IN A CHEMISTRY LAB TOO WEEEEE (NOT)!!!!
Old 03-30-2007, 01:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I am looking at buying a pizza place from a retiring owner. 100K for 70K net/yr. I am researching whether I could expand if I buy.

Once I do more research and it still looks good to me, I will probably post up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very good deal if accurate. If I could find a partner to run it, I'd probably snap this one up.
Old 03-30-2007, 02:08 PM

I really enjoy hanging around this forum.

Normally when I go around other places talking about business ideas, I always get hit by that "doesn't work / impossible" kind of mentality but this forum basically has attracted people that will help me as well as others instead of put them down.

I would hate it when this forum is merged into Finance forum because this forum has much more potential than to be merged.

I myself am involved in Real Estate. I buy homes from people who really need to get rid of them ASAP and flip them for profits. 1 house out of 10 I will hold onto for longterm.

I want to branch out into the internet marketing arena to complement my business and this forum seems as good as any to leech information off :P
Old 03-30-2007, 02:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I really enjoy hanging around this forum.

Normally when I go around other places talking about business ideas, I always get hit by that "doesn't work / impossible" kind of mentality but this forum basically has attracted people that will help me as well as others instead of put them down.

I would hate it when this forum is merged into Finance forum because this forum has much more potential than to be merged.

I myself am involved in Real Estate. I buy homes from people who really need to get rid of them ASAP and flip them for profits. 1 house out of 10 I will hold onto for longterm.

I want to branch out into the internet marketing arena to complement my business and this forum seems as good as any to leech information off :P

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, real estate doesn't work [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-30-2007, 02:15 PM

Currently I am in the middle of starting up an online shoe site with a buddy of mine. We plan to sell shoes over the site and on ebay.

Also, I am trying to think up of a topic that I could blog about and eventually write an ebook about and sell it. (see JoshK's post). Any ideas?

Aside from that I am still playing poker and and am trying to read everything I can about personal finance (investments, portfolios, start up businesses, real estate).

G