Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Which is more +EV?
Call 31 83.78%
Reraise 6 16.22%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-24-2007, 10:06 PM

Default Re: Pm received by a few of us. Not sure what to think.

[ QUOTE ]

this doesn't particularly bother me (i can dish it out much better than the chumps in ATF anyway). if this site ever made a major move to say 'mods can't be mean like regular posters,' i would respond by saying that mods and admins should do more to defend each other from unreasonable attack if they want that to be realistic. and if that was a direction the site wanted to go i would fall in line with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

fwiw, I would fully be in favor of this.
Old 09-24-2007, 10:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

this doesn't particularly bother me (i can dish it out much better than the chumps in ATF anyway). if this site ever made a major move to say 'mods can't be mean like regular posters,' i would respond by saying that mods and admins should do more to defend each other from unreasonable attack if they want that to be realistic. and if that was a direction the site wanted to go i would fall in line with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

fwiw, I would fully be in favor of this.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'd really hate for a PM from one certified loon (Kaj) to change the tone of the forums. Particularly since I'm guessing Mason rarely checks most forums and I'm afraid he may take it at face value. If a policy were to be implemented I'd prefer it not to be as a result of something started by a guy the forums are better of without anyway.

Also, LOL at me being in his PM. I mess with people for fun but I don't think I directly insult them. I mean unless of course they deserve it LDO, but I see way more cutting comments from many other mods on this site unrelated to modding issues.
Old 09-24-2007, 10:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dibs,

"The problem with the googletard rule is that I'm not sure what evil we're saving 2p2 from with it."

Like many individual forum rules, it serves to facilitate a better experience for the users based on the forum goals as determined by the moderators.

[/ QUOTE ]

However, this is why I prefer forums where the rule is "whatever el diablo thinks is a good thread", rather than "lets pretend the rules are these, when the rule in reality is 'whatever NT thinks is a good thread' "

at least in one case you admit the decision is a subjective one so there can't really be any arguing about it... and if you don't like it, leave. in the other, it's "fake objectivity" which sets a completely different tone.
Old 09-24-2007, 10:58 PM

Also, Mat

if you want me to change the tone of ATF and lay down the law there and make it a "srs biz" forum, i can do that. pm me if interested. though i think there are a lot of people (several of them moderators) who like the atmosphere there. anyway, let me know.
Old 09-24-2007, 10:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Also, LOL at me being in his PM. I mess with people for fun but I don't think I directly insult them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seeing your name in there was definitely a "One of these things is not like the other" moment.
Old 09-24-2007, 11:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, Mat

if you want me to change the tone of ATF and lay down the law there and make it a "srs biz" forum, i can do that. pm me if interested.

[/ QUOTE ]
WTF??????

Besides, the tone in ATF is exactly as Mat likes it, he even posts from time to time that he views the forum as his entertainment, within reason. That's why as an historically paranoid individual this whole iron as mod thing freaks me out, even though I like the guy.
Old 09-24-2007, 11:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Also, LOL at me being in his PM. I mess with people for fun but I don't think I directly insult them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seeing your name in there was definitely a "One of these things is not like the other" moment.

[/ QUOTE ]

i thought stabn was more "not like the others" than he was [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-24-2007, 11:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Also, Mat

if you want me to change the tone of ATF and lay down the law there and make it a "srs biz" forum, i can do that. pm me if interested.

[/ QUOTE ]
WTF??????

Besides, the tone in ATF is exactly as Mat likes it, he even posts from time to time that he views the forum as his entertainment, within reason. That's why as an historically paranoid individual this whole iron as mod thing freaks me out, even though I like the guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

its an offer. decision is up to mat. like i said i see both sides.
Old 09-24-2007, 11:06 PM

durron,

Do you not like the tone in ATF? Do you consider it detrimental to the site as a whole? Slightly OT, but do you also hate freedom, kittens, and ice cream?
Old 09-24-2007, 11:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Dibs,

"The problem with the googletard rule is that I'm not sure what evil we're saving 2p2 from with it."

Like many individual forum rules, it serves to facilitate a better experience for the users based on the forum goals as determined by the moderators.

[/ QUOTE ]

However, this is why I prefer forums where the rule is "whatever el diablo thinks is a good thread", rather than "lets pretend the rules are these, when the rule in reality is 'whatever NT thinks is a good thread' "

at least in one case you admit the decision is a subjective one so there can't really be any arguing about it... and if you don't like it, leave. in the other, it's "fake objectivity" which sets a completely different tone.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow, you're totally right dude.

[ QUOTE ]
Welcome to OOT.

This forum is moderated in a harsh and subjective manner by a cruel bastard who doesn’t like you. Posters who violate the rules are likely to have their threads locked or deleted and find their accounts suspended or banned. If this is not your cup of tea, try these other 2+2 forums:

[/ QUOTE ]

Diablo, I call on you to remove this veil of false objectivity from your forum and get with the program.