Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2007, 08:44 PM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker thread (11/19 - 500K buyin pt 3 - Spoilers on al

[ QUOTE ]

the standard in this game is dreadful, maybe now people will understand how jman wasn't being arrogant when he said it was such a soft game

[/ QUOTE ]

yes.. jman really put eli and sammy to the test with his QQ hand. wooo... that was hi level poker thinking at work.

he played those queens almost as good as this set of 7s . he really bet that flop well. the check on the turn. masterful. folding the best hand.. priceless.

they don't come better than that guy. did you notice when hellmuth called your boy a nit noone disagreed?
Old 11-20-2007, 08:57 PM

wow jamie gold acts like an [censored] would be interesting to see what happened if farha bets and he says fold after all that alkt of i call...

and pretty discusting if farha is actually telling the truth about softplaing.

the whole hand was a display of severe breach of poker etiquette imo and just annoying to watch.

jamie gold said it was good tv but hearing someone wine for 20minutes isnt, the hand took too long.
Old 11-20-2007, 09:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

the whole hand was a display of severe breach of poker etiquette imo and just annoying to watch.

[/ QUOTE ]

there's nothing wrong with talking... i'll agree gold way overdid it. but in the end it worked. he got what he wanted. do you realize that there is much greater freedom in a cash game than a tournament?

jamie does make an ass of himself. i'm sure that most of the more self absorbed posters on this forum will assert that they'd have gotten away from those two kings. i'm not so certain. especially against sammy. oh wait. weak tight rules the day here. most would have probably folded preflop. posters around here would say "i'd fold my kings against sammy and pick a better spot to felt him". big talk
Old 11-20-2007, 09:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

there's nothing wrong with talking... i'll agree gold way overdid it. but in the end it worked. he got what he wanted. do you realize that there is much greater freedom in a cash game than a tournament?

jamie does make an ass of himself. i'm sure that most of the more self absorbed posters on this forum will assert that they'd have gotten away from those two kings. i'm not so certain. especially against sammy. oh wait. weak tight rules the day here. most would have probably folded preflop. posters around here would say "i'd fold my kings against sammy and pick a better spot to felt him". big talk

[/ QUOTE ]

if he played it normally no but what could jamie have when he plays like this, i mean just call th n all the sudden put in a lot of bets in the dark?

and ofc theres a lot of freedom, everything u agree about is ok and kaplan says that call is not binding so when is it?
i mean he behaves really bad aswell, really un pleasant.
Old 11-20-2007, 09:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

yes.. jman really put eli and sammy to the test with his QQ hand. wooo... that was hi level poker thinking at work.

[/ QUOTE ]

stop saying that , the queens hand was not on the same level of bad as the plays that Farha, Eli, Gold and Guy make all the time
Old 11-20-2007, 10:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

stop saying that , the queens hand was not on the same level of bad as the plays that Farha, Eli, Gold and Guy make all the time

[/ QUOTE ]

farha always bets the flop in the same situation that philly was in. farha wouldn't have run away from a "less than" pot sized bet on that same flop.

but.. bad play is bad play... if you want to dissect it to degrees of badness i can see that you have a point. you too can see mine.
Old 11-20-2007, 10:46 PM

lol is farha stacking antonius next time u think? antonius didnt seem to happy...

farha is really making money...image paying off when greenstein called him down also.
Old 11-20-2007, 10:52 PM

IMO Jamie Gold was way out of line in this hand though Farha didn't help. It was like they were making some deal i couldn't figure it out. There is never any reason to be shouting at ur opponent in a poker hand, and this was just a gross blunder especially on Gold's part to be yelling instead of thinking. Both players also played horribly imo
Old 11-20-2007, 11:02 PM

how was AA KK hand a breach?

What if sammy and gold play in a private home game HU and do this? would you care? I dont see how its any different. If you guys think sammy passed up on 180k b/c he colluding or something you are delusional. He checked b/c Gold confused the [censored] out of him. Both guys were trying to get the est deal in the hand, thats all. Its not soft playing IMO.

Guy Liberte talking about his hand in the middle of a hand he is not in is much more out of line.
Old 11-20-2007, 11:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Guy Liberte talking about his hand in the middle of a hand he is not in is much more out of line.

[/ QUOTE ]

When did he do that? He mentioned he folded J6 after Farha had called with the queens and the action was over. Was there another time?