Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2006, 05:53 PM

Default Re: 10/25 Tstone: Smokey and the Bandit

Smokey came back up to the room after playing a longgggg session and not having slept in 24 hours and he couldnt stop talking about how bad his fold was....he was too mad to sleep so he went and played another 12 hours. A few other things to clear up. SMokey has not simply won a couple hundred thou in tourneys like you say, he is one of the top online players in both tourneys and cash games....he is an absolute cash game killer. You also previously stated that you were "nitting it up" in our game, i dont think you truly understand what a nit is. Nits are bad for the game and tend to play good sound poker...both of which do not really characterize you. If you want to adapt a nitty style you could learn a few things from Gary stevenson on 2p2.....

take care
Old 08-21-2006, 06:05 PM

villian seems to have quite the fan club.
Old 08-21-2006, 06:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i [censored] on u in that game....smokey was pissed at himself for not calling u on that hand. Usually u get called and then its not such a "great" play, its a bad play against the best player at the table who knew he should've called but talked himself out of it for some reason. 44 never folds there btw. Your image was that of a tight donkey who misplays every hand. I do not think you are the least bit nitty because nits actually know how to play good situational poker. You ran good as hell and if u werent limping u were opening for 200 with what everyone knew was a top 5 hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

if this guy is so bad at poker and so good for the game, why all the vitriol? if you had half a brain, you would tell him he is really tough and you hope not to see him in the game again.

what about him makes you so jealous?
Old 08-21-2006, 06:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Smokey came back up to the room after playing a longgggg session and not having slept in 24 hours and he couldnt stop talking about how bad his fold was....he was too mad to sleep so he went and played another 12 hours. A few other things to clear up. SMokey has not simply won a couple hundred thou in tourneys like you say, he is one of the top online players in both tourneys and cash games....he is an absolute cash game killer. You also previously stated that you were "nitting it up" in our game, i dont think you truly understand what a nit is. Nits are bad for the game and tend to play good sound poker...both of which do not really characterize you. If you want to adapt a nitty style you could learn a few things from Gary stevenson on 2p2.....

take care

[/ QUOTE ]

good lord, take it easy on the kid. I don't think its any surprise he was playing far from optimally, but no need to be so harsh
Old 08-21-2006, 06:32 PM

lapoker, u gotta remember most of these kids are under 21, thats the reason they went to TS, dont expect too much...
Old 08-21-2006, 06:33 PM

i would never ever post this if i wasnt 99.9999 percent sure u will never play with our "HERO!?!?!?!?" again and if his thread titles werent so damn annoying
Old 08-21-2006, 06:37 PM

thaaj,

You and Smokey sound like a couple of queers.
Old 08-21-2006, 06:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lapoker, u gotta remember most of these kids are under 21, thats the reason they went to TS, dont expect too much...

[/ QUOTE ]

i havent met thaaj but having seen smokey in person many times but not having directly talked to him, he's not a douche at all. and guys like Ozzy are mature as hell. i would say the douche ratio in 21 and younger ppl is prob tainted by little more than cocky confidence that goes along with the success.

thaaj u sound bitter :O
Old 08-21-2006, 06:40 PM

they're not, i met/played with them. though thaaj is canadian... [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 08-21-2006, 06:50 PM

OH NO