Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2007, 11:03 PM

Default Re: November \"I FORGOT MY MANTRA\" Low Content chit-chat thread

[ QUOTE ]
November 5th here in a few days, where they'll be a ton of fireworks and bonfires, many of which will have an effigy of Guy Fawkes on top of it.

1605 it was, and we've never really forgiven the papacy for supporting the plot to overthrow the English parliament. Ya don't mess with the English and get off easy.

[/ QUOTE ]

402 years and still holding a grudge! I love the UK!
Old 11-03-2007, 11:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
November 5th here in a few days, where they'll be a ton of fireworks and bonfires, many of which will have an effigy of Guy Fawkes on top of it.

1605 it was, and we've never really forgiven the papacy for supporting the plot to overthrow the English parliament. Ya don't mess with the English and get off easy.

[/ QUOTE ]

402 years and still holding a grudge! I love the UK!

[/ QUOTE ]

They're just biding their time until they take the colonies back ... better sleep with one eye open ...
Old 11-04-2007, 01:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. Guy Fawkes. I lived in London (Golders Green to be exact) when I was 7 and 8 years old and I had completely forgotten about Guy Fawkes Day. The title is ironic in that way.
Old 11-04-2007, 01:33 AM

Kimbell,

I have no knowledge of such topic. Therefore, I recommend you incorporate some sort of explanations as to why you appreciate them and stuff. Then I'll be more likely to check them out.

That said, that's just the opinion of someone who would check in on the thread but not contribute much. But it's a start for you, to help you weigh your options. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-03-2007, 03:19 PM

nice Jeff Goldblum reference
Old 11-03-2007, 04:36 PM

As far as a naming convention goes, we could do something like over in Micro. Over there, we take nominations from the populace of suggestive, implicating, nonsensical or otherwise humorous quotes that have been made during the course of the previous month's posting. We could pretty easily adopt a version of this, except for movie quotes or whatever.
Old 11-03-2007, 05:45 PM

I had been thinking of things dictators or other self-serving maniacs would say or do, like Nixon's Outside Agitator's thread, or Stalin's Quantity Has a Quality of Its Own thread, or Hitler's The Lounge Solution thread, or Pinochet's The Disappeared Thread, or Westmoreland's Pre-Dawn Vertical Insertion thread, or Genghis's Salting the Earth thread, or Phillip Morris's The Science Isn't In Yet thread, or Tyson's Cartilage Chomp thread. You know, a thread where excessive formality or worries about content would be looted, peed on, burned to the ground, poked in the eye like a wayward Stooge, dissembled, sabotaged, and have its pets tormented. All for the betterment of humanity. It's not like we'll run out of villains or hypocrisies for the concept anytime soon, and thinking them up might be fun.

Or it might be too violent or whatever. Just a cute thought, I figgered.
Old 11-03-2007, 09:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I had been thinking of things dictators or other self-serving maniacs would say or do, like Nixon's Outside Agitator's thread, or Stalin's Quantity Has a Quality of Its Own thread, or Hitler's The Lounge Solution thread, or Pinochet's The Disappeared Thread, or Westmoreland's Pre-Dawn Vertical Insertion thread, or Genghis's Salting the Earth thread, or Phillip Morris's The Science Isn't In Yet thread, or Tyson's Cartilage Chomp thread. You know, a thread where excessive formality or worries about content would be looted, peed on, burned to the ground, poked in the eye like a wayward Stooge, dissembled, sabotaged, and have its pets tormented. All for the betterment of humanity. It's not like we'll run out of villains or hypocrisies for the concept anytime soon, and thinking them up might be fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

Totally confused by this post. I assume all these things are on wikipedia? And by thread you don't mean a forum post...
Old 11-03-2007, 11:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Totally confused by this post. I assume all these things are on wikipedia? And by thread you don't mean a forum post...

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking of the lounge tagline naming discussion actually. I just came up with the suggestions from memory of various baloney ancient and modern.
Old 11-03-2007, 11:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nixon's Outside Agitator's thread, or Stalin's Quantity Has a Quality of Its Own thread, or Hitler's The Lounge Solution thread, or Pinochet's The Disappeared Thread, or Westmoreland's Pre-Dawn Vertical Insertion thread, or Genghis's Salting the Earth thread, or Phillip Morris's The Science Isn't In Yet thread, or Tyson's Cartilage Chomp thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

Blarg cracks me up. What kind of stuff would go in these threads? I demand a few examples!
Closed Thread