Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > About the Forums
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2007, 06:30 PM

Location: Here I am, brain the size of a planet and I can\'t beat the 2 cent O/8 game on UB. Depressing, isn\'t it?
Default Re: free Nate

I think it makes a huge difference that he was in the Books & Publications forum which is much closer to the heart of 2+2.

Those other forums exist and the moderators exist to keep the noise to signal level under control in the serious forums.

I fail to see how 2+2 providing forums where you can discuss "Rubbing one out" should allow you to disparage their products in one of the more serious forums.

Everybody is down on Mason saying he can't accept ctriticism, but I willing to bet Mason didn't mind the first four or five times Nate said the editing sucked but Nate continued long after Mason responded in the thread and I am pretty sure there is a back story.

I keep reading in this thread, "banned just like that" or something similar. We probably won't know the whole story but I am confident we saw the tip of the iceberg.
Old 07-02-2007, 06:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
steam,

Your whole position regarding what 2+2 forums are does not at all square with the fact that forums like BBV4L, NVG, and OOT are allowed to exist here and discussion of countless topics that would not be appropriate in any business setting are deemed acceptable.

Here's a sampling of topics that are currently active in those forums:

Phil Ivey is a strip club degen
in this thread we name investments better than staking TJ
Famous poker player caught in bed w/ another poker players' wife?
Which poker players look like they do drugs?
Card Runners Tech support is a joke.
Sexual variance
WTF my farts smell so bad they are preventing me from sleeping
Threeway turns weird--hot or not?
Girls & PhotoBucket Accounts *** NSFW ***
Beat: Made out w/ fattie in public
Best Jerking off session of my life
How do I stop my girlfriend making sounds during sex?
ask me about being the happiest guy alive (i.e. I just rubbed one out)
is smoking a blunt or eating mcdonalds worse for you?
Friend pisses in my bed....

Let's not act like 2+2 is something that it's not.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're missing the point. None of these threads criticize the 2+2 product.
Old 07-02-2007, 06:32 PM

Location: Here I am, brain the size of a planet and I can\'t beat the 2 cent O/8 game on UB. Depressing, isn\'t it?

[ QUOTE ]

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys, steamboatin is the same guy who thanked the admins, and tech guys for implementing a failed forum upgrade over a holiday weekend.

Obviously his sense of reality is a little far off from the rest of the world.

He also seems to really like sucking up to the forum owners, which is fine I guess, but makes him in my mind, a little less credible.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't forget also that he's fat.

[/ QUOTE ]

I look much thinner now, I found some fatter friends.
Old 07-02-2007, 06:37 PM

mason,

nate has done more for this forum than all but a handful of posters, and i say this as someone who has never met or conversed with nate. furthermore, he clearly is passionate about helping 2+2 improve their product. your actions in this dispute speak volumes about your approach to business.
Old 07-02-2007, 06:46 PM

I don't know where you have gotten the impression that this is a forum where they can get feedback about their products, I can't really remember threads where they have been receptive to that. There is a lot of such processes taking place wrt this forum in which admins/Mason etc. are very receptive to feedback, probably one of the reasons why it is such a good forum. It is obviously not a wiining formula that is meant to be copied in the books-part of the business, although it is highly needed, 2+2-books is about the last thing I recommend to players asking me for advice on how to improve (except ToP).
Old 07-02-2007, 06:57 PM

Steam, your avatar is terrible, plus its 4.4 MB for what appears to be a 4 frame avatar.

Please use this instead!

I fixed the crappy aspect ratio, and the file size. 4.4 MB -> 10k

Edit: if you really need it to be able to expand when viewed, feel free to use http://kipin.net/images/tpt/steamfixed.gif which is only 240k vs your 4.4 MB avatar.
Old 07-02-2007, 07:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
but I willing to bet Mason didn't mind the first four or five times Nate said the editing sucked but Nate continued long after Mason responded in the thread

[/ QUOTE ]

From what I can tell, Nate continued in the thread because others were asking him Q's, offering feedback and generally just keeping the discussion going.

For example, he didn't offer his suggestion on how one of the passages might be improved until someone said, "Okay Nate, just curious how you would change that sentence."

Banning or locking the thread could have been appropriate if it was a matter of nobody else really discussing it or caring and Nate just continually bumping the thread to keep pestering him and was saying, "LOL, is that all you've got for a response Mason? Seems pretty weak."

Nate was continually saying, "Thanks for your response/the compliment" etc etc.
It was a discussion with him AND other posters.
Somebody asks him a Q and he's polite enough to respond and also reiterate OVER and OVER how much he really does like the 2+2 books and how much he recommends them to everyone.

Way way way different from someone jumping into various threads and trying to be disruptive by saying, "2+2 advice sucks and I highly recommend you avoid them at all costs. The editing sucks, the strategy-advice is awful, they don't even know how to play the games they are writing about. blah blah blah."
Old 07-02-2007, 07:05 PM

I am just learning how to make avatars. How do you make them small?

I couldn't figure out how to slow the rate down so I used a bunch of frames of the same picture.
Old 07-02-2007, 07:08 PM

All,

If MicroBob thinks Nate was civil enough, then he almost certainly was, cuz MB is one sensitive mofo.
Old 07-02-2007, 07:14 PM

Feel free to PM me with avatar questions, lets not clutter up this discussion.
Closed Thread