Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2007, 08:04 PM

Default Re: KJc with13 outs

Preflop you should fold and I would like to bet/3bet all in here to seal our great equity on the flop. I dont like a c/c because our equity is destroyed on a blank turn and our hand is pretty well defined
Old 09-26-2007, 08:09 PM

Whoops Half asleep here
Old 09-26-2007, 09:17 PM

What's his postflop aggresion? Does he C-bet frequently? does he double barrel? What if he actually has top pair? Does he bet twice? will he check the turn behind? What about lower pairs? You said you've been playing back at each other, how have you guys done so? any particular hands that are important?

I think calling is fine preflop personally, you're ahead of his range, and while you might be concerened about being outkicked, I think you make up for it when you take him off bluffs. If he's passive postflop, it defintely becomes a call. If he'll double barrel with air here, I like a c/c flop c/r AI on turn. You look reallllly strong, and likely he will throw away many better hands (weaker pairs, maybe weak aces). If he will raise your flop bet most of the time, I think a bet/3bet here is fine too. I think the best way to play this hand is very dependant vs your opponent. If he will just call behind with an ace on the flop, I like "the monster" line of c/c c/r. If you actually c/c and CONNECT on the turn with a flush, I would probably lead into him, if you've been trying to snap off cbets. He probably wont bet the turn without a club, and he may end up calling this bet and even another on the river. If you hit the queen, I def lead into him on turn, no way he puts you on a better hand than a pair of aces, and shove river.