Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2006, 05:16 PM

Default Re: A spot I feel I may be misplaying.

If I am likely to face this guy for a while at the table, I am tempted to test him and bet. If I am likely to be out of there shortly, small pot, c/f.
Old 11-24-2006, 06:15 PM

FWIW, I figured this post would get responses from all over the spectrum. So far, it seems as if it is split 33/33/33% between:

-bet/folding the flop and check/folding the turn UI

-check/calling the flop and donk/folding the turn UI

-check/folding right off the start

Personally, I like bet/folding the flop since I don't want to give a free card and even when villain will likely bet 90% of the time, our low pair is very vulnerable. Villain will likely have 2 overcards and bet/folding might make him fold right on the flop, especially with the ace up. If we are called on our flop bet, I think we have to check/fold the turn UI since the pot is so small. But I don't think the pot size should force us to give up the pot right away with our pair just because we are OOP against an unknown limping villain.

However, I am not sure which line I like best if the flop were something like T75 and we hold the 53o...

I am interested on others thoughts like this, and different scenarios/boards as well.

Haupt_234
Old 11-24-2006, 07:32 PM

I think c/c, donk is a suspicious line. I understand this is about controlling the size of the pot and making it less likely villain is going to raise you with a marginal holding.

But in villain's seat I see check-raise, turn lead as more powerful. For those of you saying c/c, donk is there any turn card that you do not like?
Old 11-24-2006, 08:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
For those of you saying c/c, donk is there any turn card that you do not like?

[/ QUOTE ]

A jack or ten, mainly, but I donk it anyway.

I think the old c/r flop line is getting so overused that most people just ignore it. If I'm UTG+1 & I limped for some reason preflop, I see the c/r as being any pair, a flush draw, a straight draw, or total air thinking I don't have the ace.

I think the check/call, bet line more realistically portrays a weak to middling ace that chickened out on the flop c/r but is now afraid of giving a free card. Or a weakly played flush draw/misplayed monster when the turn is a diamond. Either way, I seriously doubt that you're getting called on the turn by anything less than top pair, and if you are, then I doubt anyone goofy enough to openlimp from EP is going to fire a bluff/thin value bet on the river without top pair or better.
Old 11-24-2006, 10:37 PM

Against a PF limper HU I am leading out the flop and the turn and folding to a raise.

I am agree with those advocating a c/f river line
Old 11-24-2006, 11:27 PM

Yeah I like leading that flop and folding to a raise. Since he limped the A isn't as scary as a flop with 9s-Js, a bet could take this right away or at least scare him into playing poorly. Any pair HU is decent. I am more scared of a str8 coordinated board because people limp connectors or low pp...this flop kind of misses all of those except 55 which is unlikley. I guess 67diamonds is also in pretty good shape but that is just 1 hand of many