Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 01:11 AM

Default Re: Just Saw Sicko, Now Have Question

[ QUOTE ]
FWIW, I can debate any libertarian/AC'er and win this argument every time. I was employed by a health care advocacy organization for two years ago and learned it all.

[/ QUOTE ]

How much time have you spent reading about anarcho capitalist thought? Can you honestly say you understand it well? What libertarian points of view have you read?
Old 07-26-2007, 01:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Libertarianism, in it's pure form, implemented in a country the size of the US, would be the biggest human catastrophe the earth has ever known.

Discuss.

[/ QUOTE ]

Over time it definitely would be. If given enough time, casualties would match that of Stalin and Hitler.
Old 07-26-2007, 01:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
FWIW, I can debate any libertarian/AC'er and win this argument every time. I was employed by a health care advocacy organization for two years ago and learned it all.

[/ QUOTE ]

How much time have you spent reading about anarcho capitalist thought? Can you honestly say you understand it well? What libertarian points of view have you read?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've read a few Ayn Rand books and have also read most of Harry Browne's books as well as read almost all of Ron Paul's columns on his website. I also have read Mises documents and Cato institute briefings. I had to do the last two as part of my job(know your enemy). I feel I understand it just as well as your average AC'er.

Oh yeah I also read a lot of Rothbard's stuff and Friedman's.
Old 07-26-2007, 01:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Libertarianism, in it's pure form, implemented in a country the size of the US, would be the biggest human catastrophe the earth has ever known.

Discuss.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, the really really rich would be fine, I suppose.
Old 07-26-2007, 01:16 AM

ok, whats your position of fiat money vs the gold standard?

btw, if you can actually answer basic questions like that, I will give you props for it. I am not the average 2p2er who has never changed his mind in his life and is 1000x smarter than everyone else, im genuinely curious if you have put thought into actually understanding libertarian belief and why some extremely smart people put so much faith in it.
Old 07-26-2007, 01:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ok, whats your position of fiat money vs the gold standard?

btw, if you can actually answer basic questions like that, I will give you props for it. I am not the average 2p2er who has never changed his mind in his life and is 1000x smarter than everyone else, im genuinely curious if you have put thought into actually understanding libertarian belief and why some extremely smart people put so much faith in it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have an opinion on that, yes. It's not as well-researched as my health care opinions are, but I have read a lot from both sides. Anyway, I don't want to talk about it in this thread because this thread is about health care. Let's not hijack it. If you'd like to discuss gold standard vs fiat, why not make another thread about it?
Old 07-26-2007, 01:55 AM

If healthcare is a BASIC HUMAN RIGHT is it right for a country to take military action against another if the people of the second country are not reciving government provided health care? What about economic sanctions?

If healthcare is a human right should we provide everyone on earth healthcare? If not why not?
Old 07-26-2007, 01:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Discuss.

[/ QUOTE ]

Over time it definitely would be. If given enough time, casualties would match that of Stalin and Hitler.

[/ QUOTE ]

The instant someone talks about AC being "implemented" is the instant I realize they misunderstand the position they are arguing against.
Old 07-26-2007, 02:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Discuss.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The instant someone talks about AC being "implemented" is the instant I realize they misunderstand the position they are arguing against.

[/ QUOTE ]

i love your cheap semantics. ok, fine, i'll use your lingo. removing the fascist power structure is analagous to implementing AC.
Old 07-26-2007, 02:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If healthcare is a BASIC HUMAN RIGHT is it right for a country to take military action against another if the people of the second country are not reciving government provided health care? What about economic sanctions?

[/ QUOTE ]

Um no it wouldn't. That's a decision each country should make on their own. No economic sanctions either.

[ QUOTE ]
If healthcare is a human right should we provide everyone on earth healthcare? If not why not?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ideally that would be nice, but we have limited resources and need to take care of our own citizens.
Closed Thread