Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2007, 01:18 AM

Default Re: Bellagio, Venetian, Wynn, or Other.... You Pick

I can't stand the Bellagio. I'd probably pick the Venetian.

As to the why, because if I'm there for that long, I want convenient. Bell's luxury is too much a PITA. I'm like the earlier poster that likes to eat in my room. Not because I dislike people, which I do, but to just eat and do nothing else in a restaurant feels like I'm wasting too much time. I like to multi-task. The Bell makes that tough. Only the coffee shop is open late at night and they refuse to pack your food to go, because they want you to spend the money for room service. They actually told me that! Fifty bucks for a cheeseburger and coke is too much, just on principal.

The Venetian isn't a whole lot better late at night, but at least they have a couple food courts for the rest of the time. As mentioned earlier, their tournaments blow the other two out of the water. Bellagio has no formal food comps, you have to bribe the floor. Although to be honest, you'll be lucky to get 2 meals for the trip either at V or W, considering the cost of their food.
Old 10-18-2007, 03:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
...I play the Wynn game dimensionally. "I bet 2 inches"...

[/ QUOTE ]

awesome!! Bav, may I borrow this one for future use at the W? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-18-2007, 04:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
...I play the Wynn game dimensionally. "I bet 2 inches"...

[/ QUOTE ]

awesome!! Bav, may I borrow this one for future use at the W? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't hold the patent. And if I did EFF would surely be after me if I tried to enforce it.
Old 10-18-2007, 04:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't stand the Bellagio. I'd probably pick the Venetian.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree...Bellagio is gay..too bad they have a monopoly on 10/20NL+ I have stayed at Wynn every single time I have been to Vegas except once...but I am going to Venetian tomorrow to stay for the weekend so I can give you a true comparison....I am under the impression I will still like Wynn best.

[ QUOTE ]

Fifty bucks for a cheeseburger and coke is too much, just on principal.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not actually $50...its probably something more reasonable like $15 or even $20 right?

[ QUOTE ]
Although to be honest, you'll be lucky to get 2 meals for the trip either at V or W, considering the cost of their food.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have gotten like 5 buffet comps in 5 days at the Wynn PLUS random room service $20 credits...they treat you really really well there once they get to know you...and even before they knew me they still comped me pretty decently.
Old 10-18-2007, 11:00 AM

Thank you everyone for your responses. I am going to try and book a room at the Venetian. I really haven’t heard or read anything bad about that room.

If the poker room rate is only for 6 hours a day, I will definitely check out the other two rooms.

Thanks again, this forum is by far the best place to get Vegas information across the entire internet. If anyone plans on being out there Dec 5th – 10th, shoot me a PM.
Old 10-18-2007, 01:30 PM

Venetian
Old 10-19-2007, 04:29 PM

Booked a room at the Venetian today.

~6 weeks and counting.

FYI, standard proceedure is to book a room through reservations. The poker room will then rate your play and adjust you to the poker room rate at checkout.
Old 10-19-2007, 05:48 PM

The walk to the Venezia Tower at the Venetian is crap when you're smashed / exhausted / busto. Awesome hotel though. Will be even better when Palazzo opens and you can basically walk to the Wynn while being indoors 95% of the time.
Old 10-21-2007, 02:31 AM

If you are going to go mid-week I reccomend Bellagio. I love the Venetian but the 2/5 game always seems dead. The Bellagio 2/5 games always seem action packed. However, if you are going to spend most of your time playing Sat/Sun the Ventian may have action and it may be a better choice. I am unsure of the Wynn.
Old 10-21-2007, 06:06 AM

Venetian is sooo nice. Great tables, service, tourneys.
Caesar's is nice too, very very good staff, lots of action and good tourneys.