Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2007, 08:00 PM

Default Bedding

I just moved into a new house and need some help picking out bedding and furniture for my bedroom. For all intents and purposes my house is a frat house but I would like my room to modern and stylish. But as I am trying to put together a quality bed I’m lost. I’m looking for for soft/comfort sheets that will make ladies yet and a nice comforter. I currently have black satin sheets with a black nautical comforter but am looking to get something a little nicer. I already have a nice mattress and am thinking about buying this bed: http://www.spacify.com/products-515-175-Fra.TCN.html . Also my room has a black/brown color scheme.
Any advice on what to look for in bedding would be greatly appreciated.
Old 08-04-2007, 10:12 PM

Default Re: Bedding

All,

Let's try this again and go for somewhat non-retarded responses.

FWIW, I think black satin sheets are pretty cheesy. Nice cotton sheets rule.

I made a comforter thread in OOT a while back. Based on recs from that, I went with a Pacific Coast Comforter. Very happy with it.
Old 08-04-2007, 10:36 PM

My only advice is to get a headboard. Makes your room like 32423424x better.
Old 08-04-2007, 11:37 PM

A foreheadboard perchance?
Old 08-05-2007, 12:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
A foreheadboard perchance?

[/ QUOTE ]omg lol
Old 08-05-2007, 01:11 AM

I really dislike satin sheets. I will put them on for a night or two, but get tired of sliding around between them and having them fall off in the night.

Get decent pima cotton sheets. The thread count isn't always what you should look at, the type of cotton should be. Go for something sateen or pima based. Little pilling, they will get softer with time.

I like crisp white sheets with little embellishment. A dark stripe is alright, or a slight pattern, like waffling or something is nice and will match most things. However, I hate how much maintenance white sheets require and have been going to blue or darker colors lately. The thing chicks will notice most (and I can say this from experience) is clean bedding. Washing once every three months is disgusting. Learning how to make your bed properly is a nice touch too.

I love the bed you picked out, it will look sleek and chic. Consider simple bedside tables and nice lighting as this will make any room look better when it has subdued lighting.
Old 08-05-2007, 01:32 AM

I couldn't find any sheets that treated me right, so I made my own, LDO. I'm in a difficult situation anyway though, because I sleep on a waterbed and the sheets are hard to find and expensive as hell even if you go with one of those crazy 80's designs. To make my own, I waited till the awesome Egyptian Cotton 800 count flat sheets were on sale, then went to town with the sewing machine. Fortunately for you, you can just rip open the bag, wash, and use.

As far as comforters go, women love the down filled jazz. My wife ordered one from Overstock.com that is pretty unbelievable. I think she bought for like $70, but it is nothing special. Just white with white penstripes, and block compartments (so the down doesn't shift too much). They also make down summer comforters/blankets so that you don't sweat to death. Just remember, expensive as hell if you must dryclean. Frat house may not be the easiest place to keep this comforter clean. GL
Old 08-05-2007, 02:51 AM

I have sateen sheets and I LOVE them. Sooo soft and smooth and cool, yet they don't go flying everywhere and shine like satin.

I also have some flannel (or flannel/cotten mix I think) that are great in the winter and also very soft.
Old 08-05-2007, 05:50 AM

octopi,

"pima cotton sheets"

In case things don't work out w/ you and your bf, just wanted to let you know my underwear is pima cotton. Carry on.
Old 08-05-2007, 05:53 AM

That bed is sweet. If you want a modern look ditch the thick comforter and replace it with a throw like these.

And I stay away from white sheets, they're hard to keep clean. I have the same color bed frame as the one you're thinking of buying. I have light green colored sheets(like the ones below) and an off white throw, green should work with your brown/black color scheme, or just copy what they did on that bed your thinking of buying, that looks nice too.