Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2007, 03:41 PM

Default Re: Keep The Swastika- Save Some Lives

Found this on a website talking about the difference between the two swastikas:

"I found it very interesting that there are two Indian swastikas, one of which is the reverse (mirror) of the other. One is the good luck sign and the other is bad luck. The 45th Division had used the good luck sign but Hitler, without knowing anything about Indian lore, chose the bad luck sign of the Indians."

If we want this building to be as doomed as Hitler was, by all means, let's not waste taxpayer money changing it. Teehee..

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
David,

Do you think this was "an accident?"

[/ QUOTE ]

About six to eight years ago some show like 20/20 did a report on this. At first you think, "Wow, they obviously had blueprints of the entire layout,...right? So how can this be a mistake?" But then they showed the blueprints, which consists of only one of the four swastika arms. Then they merely duplicated the one building four times (you'll notice the four arms aren't attached to one another.) End of conspiracy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Still, at some point, you'd think someone would have had to look at an aerial view of the building/blueprint to see what it would look like with all 4 arms, at least just to see if it'd all fit or something.
Old 09-26-2007, 03:45 PM

David, if you're worried about the symbolism, consider that the building will be there for 50 years but a donation is a one-time solution. I don't mind the landscaping solution.
Old 09-26-2007, 03:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just saw a story on CNN where they show that Google aerial photos discovered that a building owned by the US Navy appears from above to be in the shape of a swastika. No one noticed this for decades. Perhaps there were recent additions to the structure. In any case the shape is obviously inadvertant and can only be seen from a high flying plane.

Still the Navy is planning to spend 600K to fix it. Couldn't that money be better spent? I believe that after a little thought, Jewish groups would agree with me that they should urge the Navy to instead give the money to a children's hospital or something like that. And once Jewish groups suggested it, others would go along.

In fact the whole situation could turn into an opportunity to make an important symbolic gesture rather than merely $600,000 worth of shrubbery.

Hopefully two plus twoers will agree with me and prod the right people.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why should Jewish groups have any influence on how tax payer money is spent? Also, the navy isn't a charity. Perhaps you could get together with Jewish groups and make a donation instead of attempting to force the tax payers to do so.
Old 09-26-2007, 04:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
David, if you're worried about the symbolism, consider that the building will be there for 50 years but a donation is a one-time solution. I don't mind the landscaping solution.

[/ QUOTE ]

Correcting an unintentional building design that poses no real threat and isn't even visible from the ground is more important than helping sick children?
Old 09-26-2007, 04:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Found this on a website talking about the difference between the two swastikas:

"I found it very interesting that there are two Indian swastikas, one of which is the reverse (mirror) of the other. One is the good luck sign and the other is bad luck. The 45th Division had used the good luck sign but Hitler, without knowing anything about Indian lore, chose the bad luck sign of the Indians."

If we want this building to be as doomed as Hitler was, by all means, let's not waste taxpayer money changing it. Teehee..

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
David,

Do you think this was "an accident?"

[/ QUOTE ]

About six to eight years ago some show like 20/20 did a report on this. At first you think, "Wow, they obviously had blueprints of the entire layout,...right? So how can this be a mistake?" But then they showed the blueprints, which consists of only one of the four swastika arms. Then they merely duplicated the one building four times (you'll notice the four arms aren't attached to one another.) End of conspiracy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Still, at some point, you'd think someone would have had to look at an aerial view of the building/blueprint to see what it would look like with all 4 arms, at least just to see if it'd all fit or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

Couldn't we just spend like 15 bucks and throw some salt over the building or hang a horseshoe on it?
Old 09-26-2007, 04:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just saw a story on CNN where they show that Google aerial photos discovered that a building owned by the US Navy appears from above to be in the shape of a swastika. No one noticed this for decades. Perhaps there were recent additions to the structure. In any case the shape is obviously inadvertant and can only be seen from a high flying plane.

Still the Navy is planning to spend 600K to fix it. Couldn't that money be better spent? I believe that after a little thought, Jewish groups would agree with me that they should urge the Navy to instead give the money to a children's hospital or something like that. And once Jewish groups suggested it, others would go along.

In fact the whole situation could turn into an opportunity to make an important symbolic gesture rather than merely $600,000 worth of shrubbery.

Hopefully two plus twoers will agree with me and prod the right people.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why should Jewish groups have any influence on how tax payer money is spent? Also, the navy isn't a charity. Perhaps you could get together with Jewish groups and make a donation instead of attempting to force the tax payers to do so.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Jewish groups because everyone else is going to be so terrified to be seen as being pro-Hitler that they would spend any amount of millions to take it down. But if the Jewish groups tell us its ok we can sleep at night.
Old 09-26-2007, 04:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You know 600,000 is worth some actual amount of human lives right?
Old 09-26-2007, 04:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There are quite a few Navajo rugs and sand paintings that have a "rolling log" figure, which is a reverse swastika.

Link

My dad is still active in ADL. Let me see if I can get him to speak to some people who might have some pull.

[/ QUOTE ]

The whole thing could turn into a nice little symbolic media event. The Navy presents a check (possibly for less than 600K) to some Jewish charities and the Holocaust museum. And the building itself gets some kind of plaque commemorating "rational remembrance". Or something along those lines.
Old 09-26-2007, 04:58 PM

Do nothing on the ground, but declare it a high risk site, ban flights over it, and require all satellite mapping services to pixelate it like other high risk government buildings (look at a satellite image of downtown DC if you need to see what I mean).

But don't waste taxpayers monies on this.
Old 09-26-2007, 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The whole thing could turn into a nice little symbolic media event. The Navy presents a check (possibly for less than 600K) to some Jewish charities and the Holocaust museum. And the building itself gets some kind of plaque commemorating "rational remembrance". Or something along those lines.

[/ QUOTE ]

god, like jews don't have enough bad press about being money grubbers. at least when al sharpton extorts money people have the decency to call him a crook.