Old 02-16-2007, 08:06 PM
numb3rs numb3rs is offline

Location: weaktight.com
Default FirePay pulls out for Canadians?

[ QUOTE ]

Effective February 21, 2007, FirePay (www.firepay.com) will no longer allow Canadian consumer payments to online gambling merchants.

Effective February 28, 2007, FirePay (www.firepay.com) will no longer allow Canadian consumers to receive payments from online gambling merchants.

All Canadian FirePay account holders will continue to be able to make purchases and receive payments from non-gambling online merchants, as well as to "Deposit From" and "Withdraw To" their Canadian bank account.

Click here for a listing of non-gambling merchants that accept FirePay: http://www.firepay.com/_stores/default.asp

For any questions regarding these deadlines or this policy, please email info@firepay.com.

Sincerely,
FirePay
info@firepay.com

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?
Old 02-16-2007, 08:29 PM
QuarterTon QuarterTon is offline
Member

Default Re: FirePay pulls out for Canadians?

wtf, can anyone confirm? if true, anyone know why???
Old 02-16-2007, 09:19 PM
mikeroddick mikeroddick is offline

It's true...have no idea why
Old 02-16-2007, 10:15 PM
j00ky j00ky is offline
Member

I got the same email.
Old 02-16-2007, 11:03 PM
gaming_mouse gaming_mouse is offline

Location: I call.

Have there been any rumours of the Canadian gov't going the way of the US?
Old 02-17-2007, 12:37 AM
Rainbow Warrior Rainbow Warrior is offline

Location: The Great White North

[ QUOTE ]
Have there been any rumours of the Canadian gov't going the way of the US?

[/ QUOTE ]

-Our (Canada's)system doesn't allow 'piggybacking' unrelated laws
-hopefully we have the backbone to go our own way and not be intimidated into following our big neighbour's lead.
-we have an ineffective minority gov't incapable of passing much legislation

Rainbow
-
-
Old 02-17-2007, 03:29 AM
Leader Leader is offline

Location: Excellence: Learn, Play, Win.

Have there been any rumours of the Canadian gov't going the way of the US?

[/ QUOTE ]

-Our (Canada's)system doesn't allow 'piggybacking' unrelated laws

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't put your faith in that. The law would have passed if it had come up for a vote in the Senate, and of course, it passed overwhelmingly in the house. It was only "piggybacked" in the Senate because a minority of senators (probably one or two actually) were preventing a vote on the measure in the senate. Canadians shouldn't believe that there is something about their system that prevents this from passing.
Old 02-17-2007, 03:41 AM
Mossberg Mossberg is offline

Someone who has an account with firepay should email or phone them and try to get some answers.
Old 02-28-2007, 01:55 PM
_Towelie_ _Towelie_ is offline

Location: Freddy Beach, Canada

[ QUOTE ]
Someone who has an account with firepay should email or phone them and try to get some answers.

[/ QUOTE ]
Here's my trip report. I didn't get any useful answers from CS, just thought i'd post the email thread for comic relief.

[ QUOTE ]
Could you please give some explanation for this decision please?

On 2/21/07, info@firepay.com < info@firepay.com> wrote:

[image: FirePay.com - Instant. Safe. Secure.]
< http://www.firepay.com/_default.asp>

Hi Justin,

As previously stated on February 16, 2007, effective today, February 21,
2007, FirePay ( www.firepay.com) no longer allows Canadian consumer
payments to online gambling merchants.

Please remember that effective February 28, 2007, FirePay ( www.firepay.com)

info@firepay.com<br />

From: info@firepay.com &lt;info@firepay.com&gt;
Date: Feb 27, 2007 7:42 PM
To: _towelie_
Hi Justin,

Thank you for your e-mail.

FirePay no longer allows Canadian consumers to transact with online gambling merchants as a result in a change in our merchant acceptance policy for Canadian consumers.

Best Regards,

Mila

Customer Service Agent
www.firepay.com
info@firepay.com<br />
Old 02-28-2007, 04:06 PM
Brad1970 Brad1970 is offline

Location: South of the Mason-Dixon line

Looks like you're getting the runaround...